Joe Lovano, "I'm All For You" (Blue Note)

Bol

I got this on LP just now and it sounds really good to me.  Paul Motian's drums appear a bit more recessed than on CD, which is unfortunate.  But Hank Jones's piano sounds so much more natural to my ears.  I am hoping that Blue Note will re-issue on LP the other two Lovano recordings that I love: "Joyous Encounter" and Scolohofo's "Oh!".  

I bought this on LP even though the I think the CD sounds pretty damn fine simply because Universal put it on sale for ~$20. Like you, I am not finding it to sound better than the CD. I was pretty shocked to find out that it was originally recorded on analog tape. I wonder if "Joyous Encounter" was also recorded on analog tape?

11 hours ago, Bol said:

I got this on LP just now and it sounds really good to me.  Paul Motian's drums appear a bit more recessed than on CD, which is unfortunate.  But Hank Jones's piano sounds so much more natural to my ears.  I am hoping that Blue Note will re-issue on LP the other two Lovano recordings that I love: "Joyous Encounter" and Scolohofo's "Oh!".  

Scolohofo's "Oh!" is coming out as a Tone Poet on January 6th. 

9 hours ago, bresna said:

I bought this on LP even though the I think the CD sounds pretty damn fine simply because Universal put it on sale for ~$20. Like you, I am not finding it to sound better than the CD. I was pretty shocked to find out that it was originally recorded on analog tape. I wonder if "Joyous Encounter" was also recorded on analog tape?

Joyful Encounter was recorded live to two-track analog tape.

Edited by dougcrates