A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - Vince Guaraldi

Teasing the Korean

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving is coming to LP and CD! In stereo, from the multi-track masters. Including music that didn't make it to the TV special.   

https://mvdshop.com/search?type=product&options[prefix]=last&q=charlie%2Bbrown%2Bthanksgiving

Edited by Teasing the Korean

• Teasing the Korean changed the title to A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving - Vince Guaraldi
13 hours ago, Big Al said:

EXCELLENT news! I love this soundtrack!

Did you pick up the LP or CD of Great Pumpkin released in 2022? There was a substandard release about 5 years ago, in which they had taken the music from mono music track of the film.  Then last year, they re-issued it from better sources that had been located in the interim.  If you don't have it, be sure to get the version with 24 tracks released in 2022.

It was many years before I learned that the vocalist on this track is Vince himself!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2023 at 8:40 AM, Teasing the Korean said:

Did you pick up the LP or CD of Great Pumpkin released in 2022? There was a substandard release about 5 years ago, in which they had taken the music from mono music track of the film.  Then last year, they re-issued it from better sources that had been located in the interim.  If you don't have it, be sure to get the version with 24 tracks released in 2022.

It was many years before I learned that the vocalist on this track is Vince himself!

I sure did! Picked up the pumpkin-shaped version and I absolutely love how wonderful it sounds! It makes me SO glad I passed on the previous cruddy sounding version.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Check out the difference between the original film mix of "Little Birdie," which buries the rhythm section, and the new mix from the master tapes.

Here is the TV mix:

And here is the new stereo mix:

outube.com/watch?v=ofzyGL8-rxc

Edited by Teasing the Korean