"Sweet Sucker Dance" on Mingus Big Band's _Tonight at Noon_ CD.

ladenso1

1 hour ago, jazzbo said:

Took ten seconds to find this on the internet. I saw this band in Austin years ago, a highlight of my limited concert going:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mingus_Big_Band

Well as a frequent concert goer mostly in the forming years Mingus live was some of the most fascinating things for me. 

From post mortem Mingus I only saw the George Adams - Don Pullen quartet shortly after Mingus´ death playing some of the stuff they had recorded with Mingus, but in general it was too painful for me to learn about Mingus´ death . 

And now even me had a look on internet in this context and saw and remembered, that "Sweet Sucker´s" Dance" was on the Joni Mitchell album "Mingus". I have it but again it was too painful for me to listen much to it as I was so depressed by Mingus death and the surroundings how that album was made.....

The last compositions of Mingus which still was written for the touring band and recorded and seen live was those large suites "Cumbia" and "Three or Four Shades of the Blues"........, and........Danny Richmond......oh yeah !!!!!!