Ornette Coleman: The Atlantic Years, 10 LP box set

Here is a very nice copy of a great box set.

Ornette Coleman: The Atlantic Years
(10 LP, Atlantic/Rhino, 2018).

NM/NM - everything is conservatively graded as Near Mint condition (slipcase, record sleeves, records, booklet).
I bought this set brand new a few years ago, took the shrink wrap off, played each record once, and then put it on a shelf in my music room. I say NM since it is not sealed and since I played each record once, but everything is in great condition and all records are flat and centered and play perfectly.

The set consists of the following 10 records, all housed in a sturdy slipcase.
It also includes a very nice and large booklet with color photos:

The Shape of Jazz to Come
Change of the Century
This is Our Music
Free Jazz
Ornette!
Ornette on Tenor
The Art of the Improvisers
Twins
To Whom Who Keeps A Record
The Ornette Coleman Legacy (includes 6 racks available for the first time on vinyl)

$162 (+$13 media mail shipping for this very heavy box set).
That averages to just a little over $17 per record shipped! This is a great way to get an instant Ornette Coleman at a reasonable cost compared to buying individual albums.
Postal insurance is optional but please add $4 extra if postal insurance desired.
Payment by pay pal friends/family.

Pics available upon request (please provide me with an e-mail address via pm if pics desired so I can e-mail pics).

I will pack this set carefully, ship it in a sturdy box, and provide a postal tracking # after shipping it.

Satisfaction Guaranteed: The item is as described but if Buyer is unhappy with it for any reason, Buyer can return it to Seller within 7 days of receipt (Buyer pays return shipping cost) and Seller will provide a refund.

Posted (edited)

Price reduced to $157 (+$13 media mail shipping for this very heavy box set). That averages to just $17 per record shipped! This is a great way to get an instant Ornette Coleman at a reasonable cost compared to buying individual albums. Postal insurance is optional but please add $4 extra if postal insurance desired. Payment by pay pal friends/family.

NM/NM - everything is conservatively graded as Near Mint condition (slipcase, record sleeves, records, booklet).
I bought this set brand new a few years ago, took the shrink wrap off, played each record once, and then put it on a shelf in my music room. I say NM since it is not sealed and since I played each record once, but everything is in great condition and all records are flat and centered and play perfectly.

The set consists of the following 10 records, all housed in a sturdy slipcase. It also includes a very nice and large booklet with color photos:

Change of the Century
This is Our Music
Free Jazz
Ornette!
Ornette on Tenor
Twins
The Ornette Coleman Legacy (includes 6 racks available for the first time on vinyl)

Pics available upon request (please provide me with an e-mail address via pm if pics desired so I can e-mail pics).

I will pack this set carefully, ship it in a sturdy box, and provide a postal tracking # after shipping it.

Satisfaction Guaranteed: The item is as described but if Buyer is unhappy with it for any reason, Buyer can return it to Seller within 7 days of receipt (Buyer pays return shipping cost) and Seller will provide a refund.

Edited by pglbook

Posted (edited)

Price further reduced and added discogs link below.

$152 (+$13 media mail shipping for this very heavy box set). That averages to just $16.50 per record shipped! This is a great way to get an instant Ornette Coleman at a reasonable cost compared to buying individual albums. Postal insurance is optional but please add $4 extra if postal insurance desired. Payment by pay pal friends/family.

The set consists of the following 10 records, all housed in a sturdy slipcase. It also includes a very nice and large booklet with color photos:

Change of the Century
This is Our Music
Free Jazz
Ornette!
Ornette on Tenor
Twins

https://www.discogs.com/release/12092211-Ornette-Coleman-The-Atlantic-Years

Edited 23 hours ago by pglbook

Edited by pglbook

Posted (edited)

This is still available. Held it for interested party for 5 days and he backed out at last minute. 

Price reduced. 

$150 (+$13 media mail shipping for this very heavy box set). That averages to just $16.30 per record shipped! This is a great way to get an instant Ornette Coleman at a reasonable cost compared to buying individual albums. Postal insurance is optional but please add $4 extra if postal insurance desired. Payment by pay pal friends/family.

I bought this set brand new a few years ago, took the shrink wrap off, played each record once, and then put it on a shelf in my music room. I say NM since it is not sealed and since I played each record once, but everything is in great condition and all records are flat and centered and play perfectly.

Change of the Century
This is Our Music
Free Jazz
Ornette!
Ornette on Tenor
Twins

Satisfaction Guaranteed: The item is as described but if Buyer is unhappy with it for any reason, Buyer can return it to Seller within 7 days of receipt (Buyer pays return shipping cost) and Seller will provide a refund.

Edited by pglbook

18 hours ago, pglbook said:

This is still available. Held it for interested party for 5 days and he backed out at last minute. 

I was the "interested party." The second sentence serves no purpose other than to throw some shade in my direction so I will respond.

I appreciate that you held the item.

It was my mistake to not revisit this music before expressing interest because upon doing so (after many years) I realized that this wasn't something that I needed on vinyl. People change their mind. It happens. 

I don't think that 36 hours notice is exactly last minute.

I apologized for inconveniencing you. Your passive/aggressive rant in response to me letting you know I had changed my mind should have sufficed. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, greggery peccary said:

I was the "interested party." The second sentence serves no purpose other than to throw some shade in my direction so I will respond.

I appreciate that you held the item.

It was my mistake to not revisit this music before expressing interest because upon doing so (after many years) I realized that this wasn't something that I needed on vinyl. People change their mind. It happens. 

I don't think that 36 hours notice is exactly last minute.

I apologized for inconveniencing you. Your passive/aggressive rant in response to me letting you know I had changed my mind should have sufficed. 

I was not throwing shade in anyone's direction (and never mentioned anyone's name in my post) but merely wanted to explain why I had listed it as Sold 5 days ago and was now re-listing it for sale. It was a fact, plain and simple. That is exactly what happened. No judgment to it at all. It is a shame that you took it that way. As I mentioned in my pm, I had no problem with you canceling the order. 

I had kept this to PM and do not see any reason to make this public. Please do not respond in this thread because I think it is poor etiquette to make this public and I am sure nobody wants to read any of this anyway.

Edited by pglbook

Posted (edited)

Price further reduced. 

$147 (+$13 media mail shipping for this very heavy box set). That averages to just $16 per record shipped! This is a great way to get an instant Ornette Coleman at a reasonable cost compared to buying individual albums. Postal insurance is optional but please add $4 extra if postal insurance desired. Payment by pay pal friends/family.

I bought this set brand new a few years ago, took the shrink wrap off, played each record once, and then put it on a shelf in my music room. I say NM since it is not sealed and since I played each record once, but everything is in great condition and all records are flat and centered and play perfectly.

Change of the Century
This is Our Music
Free Jazz
Ornette!
Ornette on Tenor
Twins

Satisfaction Guaranteed: The item is as described but if Buyer is unhappy with it for any reason, Buyer can return it to Seller within 7 days of receipt (Buyer pays return shipping cost) and Seller will provide a refund.

Edited by pglbook

• 1 month later...