Is selling yourself the hardest part as a musician

Hardbopjazz

i have a daytime job as a service-technician in a few musicshops (repairing guitar-amps and stuff like that......well Leslie-Cabs too! ;) )....

that means money is not the important thing when i go out and play....i need free drinks and something to eat....and a tastefull audience ....not talkin too much while i play....n.....they stressed me when they talk louder than i play...i guess i just need louder amps...lolol

i have my website and this is the place i can share my music with peps outside....when i think its time to make a little CD....i would sell them by myself.....my music is too uncool for any label in my area....and i'm not the guy wanna make it big...i just wanna enjoy music.....and die before they take that away from me! ^_^

greetz

paco

Once I meet somebody and get a relationship going, I'm cool. But it's none too easy for me to make that initial hookup. Call it an intuitive aversion to "salesmanship" coupled with a fear of rejection coupled with an intuitive "certainty" that the owner/booker/whatever is going to turn out to be yet another clueless whoremonger coupled with a knowledge that my own "product" doen't really fit any of the precise niches that most venues/whatever book.

That's a lot of couplings...

• 3 months later...