BERIGAN - why can't I see you Avatar???

Berigan, still can't see your Avatar. It still says "Image Hosted by tripod www.tripod.com".

Funny thing, though, is that I can right-click on your Avatar (the one I can't see), and can get the URL for it, which is....

http://members.tripod.com/~Anne_F/fungarg.gif

And then I can past that address into my brouser, hit 'return', and I can see it!! Looks like a gargoil/bat kinda thing, with wings and green eyes, and a tail. Yes, it's animated.

Hmmm... Wonder if I can post that picture as an IMG...

fungarg.gif

Yup, I can see it when I post it as an IMG, and bring up the thread. (Or least it worked when I did 'preview post'.)

Not important, but I'm guessing you're tired me me mucking up your other threads periodically about this.

==========

HMMMMMMMMM.........

Now THAT's interesting....

I just clicked on the link above (where I spelled out the URL of your Avatar), and a new window popped up with the "Image Hosted by tripod www.tripod.com" image, which looks like this....

remote.gif

http://members.tripod.com/adm/interstitial/remote.gif

Does that give any clues???

=========

Now that's even more interesting - cuz when I did another 'preview post', now the Avatar image (the first IMG above) doesn't show, and I can only see the "Image Hosted by..." thing again....

Now I'm even more confused.... :wacko::wacko::wacko:

I believe it's a bandwidth issue. If too many people access the image on any given day, tripod starts restricting the flow of data. Try uploading the avatar instead of using a link to it.

I ran into this problem when using Village Photo as host. They cough up more bandwidth for a fee, and I’d rather not tax Organissimo server space with my attached images, but I guess I’m just too cheap. Besides, uploading the Live At the Meat House cover and Berigan’s censored seniors is akin to public service, right?