organissimo does New York City!!

GregN

We had a great time in NYC.  We're leaving very soon to head to Pittsburgh.  A very heartfelt thank you to 7/4, maren, catesta (and his lovely girlfriend) for dinner and for coming out to the show!  Thanks to Christiern for having coffee with us yesterday and to Kenny's for having us!  It was a blast!

One mo' stop and we'll be back home and I can see my little pumpkin pie again! :)

Drive safely my friend. Oh, and check yo' email. :)

g

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very sorry I missed this gig. I was at first reluctant to come because of the late hour and because I am in the burbs it takes me 2 hours to get home and I had to get up at 6:00 am today. However, last night I decided to forget all about that and decided I would come and was ready to go out the door but my son reminded me that I had promised to watch the Yankees game with him and if not he would not have anyone to watch the game with. I know , excuses ... excuses

Anyway I am glad that the gig was a big success and I hope you can come back soon or else I will have to go to my college reunion or something to see you guys!!

And hey that NY Times recommendation has got to be worth its weight in gold.

EXPLOSIVE!!

That may be the one best word to describe the performance I saw.

Trust me when I say the boys are not just going through the motions, they're the real deal.

Joe and Jim were smokin', and Randy was like a mad-man.

Very impressive.

The crowd was not huge but very lively and most definitely feeling it. Even the headbangers left behind from the previous band seemed to be taken in by what was happening.

I do think Organissimo is ready for NY and hope to see them back real soon.

:tup:cool:

Knock 'em the f___ dead!

:)

That's pretty much what happened too. It was great to hear the band live!

AND

EXPLOSIVE!!

Trust me when I say the boys are not just going through the motions, they're the real deal.

Very impressive.

The crowd was not huge but very lively and most definitely feeling it. Even the headbangers left behind from the previous band seemed to be taken in by what was happening.

Me three! I :wub: Organissimo!

Details?

The first two tunes had everybody transfixed (including the grizzled doorman in the Sex Pistols t-shirt, who shed his jaded look and stood right in front of the bandstand, grooving, till he kind of had to force himself back to work at his post)--

and it just got better from there!

So many great tunes,

"Smoking Section" "Punkin Pie" "Brother Ray"

and Jim's left foot on that cover of "Why Not?" was like the heartbeat of the universe -- wow -- I couldn't even applaud the great solos on that number because I was just riveted by that (literally??!!) walking bassline!

:tup:wub::tup:wub::tup

I am very sorry I missed this gig.  I was at first reluctant to come because of the late hour and because I am in the burbs it takes me 2 hours to get home and I had to get up at 6:00 am today.  However, last night I decided to forget all about that and decided I would come and was ready to go out the door  but my son reminded me that I had promised to watch the Yankees game with him and if not he would not have anyone to watch the game with.  I know , excuses ... excuses

It must have been the right thing to do -- Mariano made it so!

Knock 'em the f___ dead!

:)

That's pretty much what happened too. It was great to hear the band live!

AND

EXPLOSIVE!!

Very impressive.

Me three! I :wub: Organissimo!

Details?

The first two tunes had everybody transfixed (including the grizzled doorman in the Sex Pistols t-shirt, who shed his jaded look and stood right in front of the bandstand, grooving, till he kind of had to force himself back to work at his post)--

and it just got better from there!

So many great tunes,

"Smoking Section" "Punkin Pie" "Brother Ray"

and Jim's left foot on that cover of "Why Not?" was like the heartbeat of the universe -- wow -- I couldn't even applaud the great solos on that number because I was just riveted by that (literally??!!) walking bassline!

:tup:wub::tup:wub::tup

"The first two tunes had everybody transfixed (including the grizzled doorman in the Sex Pistols t-shirt, who shed his jaded look and stood right in front of the bandstand, grooving, till he kind of had to force himself back to work at his post)--

and it just got better from there!"

The imagery here is simply awesome!! lol

Many thanks for that. :)

g

Anybody got any photos to post? (for those of us poor, unfortunate souls in cities not yet deemed important enough to be visited by the band :P )

hey Ron, you talk about cities... hey different CONTINENTS !!!!

Cheers, Tjobbe

Don't worry--at this point, I think they'll be embarking on their European tour before they make it to Philly. :w

Oh yes.

One thing that blew me away...after a few hours of being bludgeoned by punk/rockabilly metalhead wannabes who played way too loud for that club, the big O sounded amazing (shit, I'm sure they always sound amazing, the contrast was drastic). Each instrument had it's own sonic space, I had no problem hearing what any of the guys were playing. The sound coming off the stage was enough, but the house sound was great too. Even at the front door at the other end of the club, easy to hear. The work from the percussion section was a real treat, the drums and the cymbals crystal clear. It's always a joy to hear a great sounding guitar, but I've never heard a Hammond in a small club and whatta thrill. And the playing...wow, I wish I could do that.

Now that I've seen the Boston thread...I have no problem with hanging out waiting. I've logged more traveling with the day job, but from even just commuting back and forth between NYC and home - it's a short trip, but delays and waiting for trains are a bother. I learned to chill. Late night and weekends, trains only run every 45-50 min or so. Travel by car - there's always some unpredictible traffic. And then there's waiting for the bartender female friend to get off of work so we can have dinner. As far as I'm concerned, anything that involves traveling is like this. No big deal.

My big problem is how it throws my sleeping off, it's 5:30 Tuesday morning. I hope I get a normal nights sleep tonight.

Besides hanging with the band, Maren, Catessa and your girlfriend - great to see you all!

Note to Jim and Joe: lots of sleep and still no nightmares of Elvis. This is a good thing.

So that was the first show by Organissimo in NYC, damm cool. Have a safe trip home Organissimo.

Thank you everyone for your comments! We had a great trip all around. Pittsburgh was fun and I think we played well, but we were pretty blown from the lack of sleep (I only got four hours before heading on the road) and driving for 7+ hours. I don't think we played as well in Pittsburgh, but we still had a great time.

The NYC was definitely the high-light of the trip for me. Hanging with friends, meeting board members, being in the big city. It was a total blast. I'm hoping we can get back to the Big Apple soon, but hopefully this time in a club that already has a B3 in it, so I don't have to navigate and park a big cargo van around the city! :)

We did take pics and I'll post them soon. I'm hanging out with Zora, who I missed more than I thought humanly possible.

Much love to our NYC crew! And a very big thank you to 7/4 for the hang!

I'm hanging out with Zora, who I missed more than I thought humanly possible.

Damn! I knew it! Now Jim will NEVER wanna hit the road again, so NO PHILLY GIG! :(

But wait a second--Alison's gonna come along on the Philly trip, so maybe Zora will be there, and . . . . YEAH, BABY! :excited: