New radio stations carrying Night Lights

Several radio stations around the country are adding Night Lights to their weekly lineup. KMHD-Portland, Oregon will be carrying the program at 8 p.m. PDT on Monday evenings. Beginning May 10, KOSU-Oklahoma Public Radio will broadcast Night Lights on Saturday evenings at 11 p.m. CDT. And KMBH/KHID McAllen and Brownsville, Texas will soon be airing the show as well (time to be determined). We’ll have a “where to hear it” page up soon on the Night Lights website. As before, you can always catch the program the week after broadcast in the archives.

Night Lights stations map

Edited by ghost of miles

Thanks much, guys--the show is still on WNIN-Evansville and Lazaro Vega's Blue Lake Public Radio as well (and my home station, WFIU-Bloomington). There are a couple more possibilities for pickups; I'll post them if/when they come through. I would love to get on an East Coast city station, but nothing yet...we've had individual shows licensed for broadcast through PRX on WGBH-Boston and WNPR-Connecticut, but no ongoing additions so far.

• 2 weeks later...

That's my aim, BB--a national empire, extra-Constitutional powers, and unchecked control of the U.S. Treasury, allowing me to dispense "genius grants" to Sangrey, Larry Kart, and other board worthies, as well as a $50,000 annual stipend to anybody who's a member of the forum. :excited:^_^

We actually carry Parlocha for two hours here on Saturday evenings following Night Lights, and will probably add him to our late-Friday-night lineup as well. He and Jim Wilke have created really good gigs for themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two more:

KCCK-Cedar Rapids, IA (Mondays at 5 a.m. CDT--they're also looking to air it a second time each week in a better timeslot)

DZFE-Manila, Phillippines )(Thursdays at 9 p.m. PHT)

Both beginning next week. Full carriage on the Night Lights station map.

Edited by ghost of miles

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

KFSR-Fresno, California (California State University's station, run by former Org board member Joe M) is going to begin airing Night Lights on Mondays at noon PST and Saturdays at midnight PST.

You can check out all of the stations where Night Lights now airs on our stations map (moving the cursor over the balloon and clicking yields the day/time of broadcast and a link to the station's site).

Edited by ghost of miles

Good news and great news!

I spent (wasted) part of my youth in Fresno, and still go back from time to time. KFSR is really a decent radio station.

And I've got a client in Spokane that's sending me more and more business. I usually listen to "the other" jazz station in Spokane (Eastern Washington University) since it's pretty much full-time and has student broadcasters. But KPBX has some nice programming too. I'll be listening when I'm in town.

• 7 months later...

That's my aim, BB--a national empire, extra-Constitutional powers, and unchecked control of the U.S. Treasury, allowing me to dispense "genius grants" to Sangrey, Larry Kart, and other board worthies, as well as a $50,000 annual stipend to anybody who's a member of the forum. :excited:^_^

Still working on this, btw. :w