Last Chance: Ayler's The Copenhagen Tapes

blake

Just received this email from Ayler Records...

August clearance offer!

$ 6 – or equivalent in Euros, £, SEK – Shipping included

Albert Ayler Quartet

The Copenhagen Tapes

aylCD- 033

Albert Ayler, ts

Don Cherry, tp

Gary Peacock, b

Sunny Murray , dr

Total time: 68:13

Recorded live at Club Montmartre, Copenhagen , Denmark , September 3, 1964.

And by Danish Radio, Copenhagen , Denmark , September 10, 1964.

All music composed by Albert Ayler

Cover art and design by Åke Bjurhamn

Liner notes by Dan Warburton

Order as many you want. Free shipping.

The offer only valid for August, 2008 - from September the CD will be signed “Sold Out” and will never be reissued!

Payment cash or PayPal (PayPal account: ayler.com@ayler.com)

Mail: Ayler Records , Box 20, SE-61040 Gusum , Sweden .

Order: ayler@ayler.com

Info, reviews etc: www.ayler.com

Speaking of the Revenant box, has anyone had a defective disc 6 replaced as detailed here? I got the box a while back, but never got around to listening to disc 6 until recently, and sure enough, the "sizzling" problem that's described is clearly present on mine. I emailed Revenant using the form on the website, but that was probably a month or two ago, and I've yet to receive either a response or a replacement disc. Just curious how long it took others to get one, assuming there are even any replacement discs left since the set's almost OOP.

Speaking of the Revenant box, has anyone had a defective disc 6 replaced as detailed here? I got the box a while back, but never got around to listening to disc 6 until recently, and sure enough, the "sizzling" problem that's described is clearly present on mine. I emailed Revenant using the form on the website, but that was probably a month or two ago, and I've yet to receive either a response or a replacement disc. Just curious how long it took others to get one, assuming there are even any replacement discs left since the set's almost OOP.

You may want to try contacting ESP Disk since they now handle distributing the Holy Ghost box set. Here's their contact page:

http://espdisk.com/index.php?option=com_contact&Itemid=3

Oh, that's right ... I completely forgot about the duplication in the Revenant box (and I have the box too). The clearance makes sense now. And I agree, it is a shame.

Yeah, I held on to my Ayler Records copy too (I like the production) and have the Ghost box set. It will be a shame for someone in the future who wants to hear this music and both items are OOP. This is great music and great Cherry for that matter.

is this sale price available only to those who receive the email? i don't see any mention of the special price on the label's website.

Ayler doesn't ever update their website with sale prices. Just send payment by PayPal and Jan will hook you up. Shipping is surprisingly quick from Sweden in my experience.

is this sale price available only to those who receive the email? i don't see any mention of the special price on the label's website.

On the order form just fill in $6.00 for the price on #33, go to Paypal and pay and you'll get a confirmation email. As Blake noted, their shipping is very quick- every order I've made with them arrived quickly with no problem.

• 5 months later...

Has anyone actually got a disc 6 that isn't defective? I recently ordered one of the boxes released in the UK and it seems to have the distortion described at the revenant website. It's possible that I'm hearing something different to the fault described but that seems unlikely.

I've tried emailing both Revenant and ESP but to no avail.

Thanks

Denis

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone actually got a disc 6 that isn't defective? I recently ordered one of the boxes released in the UK and it seems to have the distortion described at the revenant website. It's possible that I'm hearing something different to the fault described but that seems unlikely.

Thanks

Denis

Anyone? How about those who have bought it recently?

Thanks

Denis

Thanks

Denis

Thanks

Denis

Bought the set when it first came out and listened to it all eventually. I don't recall there being a problem with any of the discs.

Thanks

Denis

Thanks

Denis

Bought the set when it first came out and listened to it all eventually. I don't recall there being a problem with any of the discs.

I'm in the same boat. Allowing for some shoddy fidelity here and there, which is both expected and understandable, nothing pops out to me as unusual "problem"-like.

Sad to hear that this single disc is being taken out of print as I'm actually pretty fond of it. I recall that my mom was in a Canadian record shop at the time, breaking from a business trip; called me up and asked if I wanted a copy... I recall both sessions, even with the par to subpar sound, being really enjoyable on a musical level.