Credit Card Companies

I love the way they try to squeeze late fees & finance charges out of you by continuing to shorten the payment window. The AMEX bill shows up today.....and is due on the 30th??!! So the poor sap who's out-of-town on business or vacation for a few days doesn't have a snowball's chance of meeting the deadline. What a royal screw job. Death to them all! :alien:

Pay online, Weizen. They'll send you email notifications when your bills are ready, too.

What I hate about credit card companies is if you're carrying a balance, then pay it all off, you still get charged interest the next month, even though you thought you paid the card all off. Credit card companies are bloodsuckers. :tdown

Credit card issuing bastards!!! These banks are just one very slight step above loan sharks...I think....Let me badmouth Bank of America, which used to be Nations bank, then Bank South before that (I think) when I joined up....When I first joined up in the mid 90's, I was late once in the first 6 months, you know by 3-4 days. So, when I went out to Cali and went to rent a car, why they said I didn't have the money!!! They had cut my credit in half, because I was late. Of course, they had not let me know if this. I called to find this out. When I got back from the trip, I found a letter.

I must be masochist, since I threatened to transfer my balance to another card many times, but never did. I would say 3 times a year they get me with a late fee.....why??? Because they made the due date on a Saturday, or Sunday!!!! :angry::angry::angry: That is legal???? Guess so!!!! I have had a due date like the 8th, which is a Saturday, realize that the a few days before that I can't mail in it time (I know, my bad for not mailing sooner) so I go into a branch on the 7th, pay after 2 pm. Payment that was made on the 7th, is not counted till Monday the 10th, and I know have a 35 dollar late fee! have to fight it by phone, then, as a one time courtesy, they wave the late fee! Oh, thank you so very much!!! Now, just this month, I charged $90 for business supplies, it goes thru, but then they charge their monthly finance fee a few days later, which bingo.... puts me over my limit, and I get charged an overlimit fee of $35. Wow, the Mob wishes they were this clever!

In Japan credit cards are not really credit cards at all as the full amount is automatically deducted from your bank account on a fixed day in the month following the transaction. Both Visa/MasterCard and Amex insist on this and I actually prefer it. No room for any of the problems mentioned above and no interest (as long as you have enough money in your account of course).