Ernie and Emilio Caceres reissue

brownie

The Paris Jazz Corner record store has published a vinyl picture disc vinyl 10inch reissue of the six titles that Ernie and Emilio Caceres recorded for RCA in 1936.

http://www.parisjazzcorner.com/uk/dis_list...u&page=1∏=1

They also have a Robert Johnson picture disc vinyl 10inch reissue.

Both have color drawing by Robert Crumb on one side. Crumb also designed the brown paper bag for the two records.

Both are limited editions.

I was unfamiliar with the Caceres sides and found them pure joy! The Robert Johnson, well! It's Robert Johnson. Is there anything to add?

If this is the Caceres Bros. lp I believe it is (and I don't think there were more than one?) it's well worth seeking out!

Also from these folks, the Walter Davis and the Barney Wilen are great to hear!

Should have mentioned this is a 45RMP 10incher. Thought this was included in the Paris Jazz Corner page.

Ah! those crazy French! No wonder Robert Crumb settled here.

The album has all six sides recorded by the Caceres brothers.

Once again, it's pure joy!

• 4 weeks later...

:lol: I am Emilio Caceres, Jr. My father was the violinist, Emilio and Ernie was my uncle. I am wishing to purchase this reissue, but cannot figure out just what amount of american money is needed to do so, including postage. Can anyone help? I have tried to contact the site via e-mail, but have not received a reply.

On another note, my sons David and Anthony Caceres are both professional musicians following in the footsteps of their grandfather and granduncle. David is an accomplished saxophonist residing in Houston, Tex. He graduated from Berklee School of Music in Boston, while his brother, Anthony, is an accomplished bassist, both upright and electric. He just graduated from the University of North Tex. in Denton, Tex.

First off, WELCOME! I'm very glad that you found this thread and are posting!

Secondly, I THINK that if you simply follow adding the item into the basket and select shipment and select payment with your credit card it would subtract the correct amount of Euros from your card. . . . I THINK so, but have never used this site before.

Welcome Emilio. Ernie Caceres is one of my favorite bari saxophonists of all time! His beautiful tone lifts just about any date he's on.

I was in a jazz record store in Cleveland about a year ago and the owner was spinning some Bobby Hackett. Ernie C entered with a solo and I still remember the owner closing his eye, blissful smile, and saying underneath his breath "Ernie Caceres".

Edited by montg

Your father, from the strength of this one album, all I've heard, was also a wonderful musician. Did he play other instruments besides the violin? Your uncle also played a wonderful clarinet!

Have you also learned to play an instrument? Thanks for sharing the information about your sons and best of luck to them both in their musical endeavors.

:lol: I am Emilio Caceres, Jr. My father was the violinist, Emilio and Ernie was my uncle. I am wishing to purchase this reissue, but cannot figure out just what amount of american money is needed to do so, including postage. Can anyone help? I have tried to contact the site via e-mail, but have not received a reply.

Welcome indeed around here!

Will give the Paris Jazz Corner people a call when they reopen on Monday to let them know you're looking for the album. The music (and the packaging) is really wonderful!

Will PM you on the results.

B) Thank you all for your help in trying to secure these disks.

Ernie did play for a while with Bobby Hackett. He also was the lead clarinetist on the old TV show "The Gary Moore Show" for many years. My dad chose a low profile life. He hated to travel and loved to be at home. I used to be a musician and played sax, but gave it up soon after I began a long career working night shift at a local Insurance/Investment firm. I gave my tenor sax to my son David, who is more known for his work on the alto. My dad also played jazz piano and vibes, although he didn't have much opportunity to do much with them here in San Antonio. Once again, thanks to all of you. If I can answer anymore questions, just add another thread.

Welcome Emilio! Just two questions for all members: Did Ernie played alto in Glenn Miller's band? As far as my brain serves me right, he did. Also, later, he played (tenor?) in Harry James orchestra I think... don't know, maybe I mixed something...

Edited by mmilovan