I'm late to the party; I don't have "The Cable" - only have broadcast/airwaves TV. I hadn't planned on watching "Treme" - it's sometimes painful watching a TV show or movie about something you know a lot about. But my wife got me the first season on DVD for my birthday, and I'd say that they got it 90% right. A few things don't ring true, but it mostly makes me wish I was in New Orleans. Of course, they put in big musical names like Kermit Ruffins and Trombone Shorty, but damn! I'm up to episode 6, and I've seen, without mention, Matt Perrine, Jack Fine, Doreen Ketchens, Aurora Nealand, Tom Fischer, Don Vappie (okay, his name was mentioned), Uncle Lionel Batiste, Washboard Sam, and Ben Schenck, - some of my favorite musicians. How hip is that?

And one of my favorite writers, Roy Blount, Jr., had a cameo. Cool! And the wax figure of Ernie K-Doe at the Mother-In-Law Lounge....

Ben, the leader of the Panorama Jazz Band, is Davis Rogan's brother-in-law, by the way. In actual real life, I mean.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't be too long ... they started filming on October 31 and I know last season they were finishing filming while the season was about 1/4 way through its broadcast.

I miss the show and the city. My wife and I split half our time there from mid-March to May while our son was in the hospital, and this is while we watched the first season and the second started airing. That whole vibe has been gone from our life since we stopped going. Lafayette, which is where we live and is in the heart of cajun country is really, really not the same. NO is much more our speed.