TJ Lubinsky

JSngry

I know it's PBS pledge-drive time whenever I see some old pop stars recreating their hits for a few minutes and then this guy shows up to pimp the premiums. Tonight it's a bunch British Invasion acts, some of whom have members who look kinda scary. But not annoying. TJ Lubinsky, otoh, is incredibly annoying.

I used to see Oliver Lake and Jarrett w/Dewey on PBS. Then it was Lawrence Welk reruns (which are actually occasionally cosmically...something, somehow) and walking-dead big band-era peoples, and then pre-rock safe folk.

Now it's the Tremloes, a frog-looking Eric Burdon sitting on a stool, & TJ Lubinsky telling me how valuable it all is.

And if all this goes away, I'll begin to miss it when?

Oh, cool, Eric Burdon's got up off the stool. And Rod Argent's moving his fingers on a solo on "Time Of The Season" in a way that kinda sometimes matches what is being heard, which I don't see why they couldn't to the same thing to Colin Bluestone's pitch.

Baby Boomers - we suck a lot sometimes. I'd not mind for it to all just stop, and that definitely includes TJ Lubinsky. This guy actually just said "help us preserve our generation for history".

Shuh, YEAH.

Eric Burden. What a guy.

I remember him being interviewed during a tour of Australia. Possibly in the early to mid Eighties. The interview was on one of our awful half-hour Current Affairs shows that follow the 6.00pm network news. At the end of the interview with the 'very' seedy Eric, the 'empty vessel' interviewer asked him what were his thoughts on where popular music was heading in the future. Eric optimistically answered that Reggae would be the most influential trend in future music. 'Why is that Eric?' the clueless interviewer asked, to which Eric replied, 'because the rhythm ends on the 'upbeat'.

To be fair, a lot of those rock 'n' rollers' appeal was their youth. Now they're turning 70, and they're not young and good looking anymore.

OTOH, The Stones!http://www.guardian....y-fans-reaction

Very funny reply from this 'old revolutionary' from back in the day. Spruiking his own gig perhaps.

Better get there on the 8th UK members :)

"I bought "Come On " from my paper round money in '63. The Stones back in the 60's had an aura of revolution and mysticism, but now they are just rich and greedy old men going through the motions for yet more money which they don't need. If this had been a charity gig then that would have been a great thing, but the Stones have never struck me as philanthropic, in fact their renowned tight fistedness is quite the opposite. As a pastiche of their former selves they should have retired years ago. Who needs them when there are old men who still rock - and four of them are called the Fleshtones, a band that eats up old farts like The Stones, spits them out in pieces then stomps on them. For a mere tenner you'll be able to see them stomp their stuff at The Dirty Water Club at The Shacklewell Arms in Hackney on 8th December. This is what rock and roll is all about, a great band in a small venue".