Jump to content

danasgoodstuff

Members
  • Posts

    4,664
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Profile Information

  • Location
    Portland, OR

Recent Profile Visitors

11,551 profile views

danasgoodstuff's Achievements

  1. Yeah, I totally agree that Hank was a little off at the Blackhawk and much more on at Carnegie Hall. Also wanted to put a word in for how well Wynton Kelly plays at the Blackhawk.
  2. I don't know that I'd be that harsh, but it does have a kind of workaday jazz band quality that I find kind of charming.
  3. The worst thing about Artificial Intelligence is what it reveals about natural stupidity. In so many ways...
  4. Chiaroscuro Records - Wikipedia I'm linking to Wiki because I don't know much about the label other than this one album I own.
  5. He did lots of interesting things, including this meeting with Buddy Tate, RIP
  6. I was lucky enough to see and hear Sonny live 6 or 7 times from the '70s til this century in a variety of settings. He is sorely missed here.
  7. I saw Sonny 6 or 7 times; wish I'd seen him more. RIP We knew this day was coming, but I'm still deeply saddened.
  8. It's a great record and no reason it can't be 'all of the above', silos are for grain not music.
  9. Favorite live Trane: Complete VV Carnegie Hall w/Monk Cafe Half Note - both the official and the3 bootleg Creation
  10. That cover is more Atlantic's style than vintage Blue Note.
  11. The editing, or lack of same, is as much to blame as the original authors.
  12. I did check his FaceBook and he's posted recently, so...
  13. I hope Allen is ok, he's always been unfailingly nice to me.
×
×
  • Create New...