the Bit off More than I can Chew Tour: May 3 at Spectrum in NYC

AllenLowe

I will probably have a nervious breakdown trying to get ready for it, but am doing an interesting gig May 3 at Spectrum, 121 Ludlow Street;

sort of a kickoff for Field Recordings, but doing a bit of new music - and recording - with the following:

Bobby Zankel, alto; Hayes Greenfield, C melody; Randy Sandke, trumpet; Brian Simontacchi, trombone; Kevin Ray, bass; Paul Austerlitz, clarinet; Lou Grassi, drums; Lewis Porter, piano; me on alto. Special guest: Matt Shipp, piano.

I have a whole new project that will be done this night (well, some of it);

the new music is killing me; can't sleep, but I think I'm almost done.

come on out and listen.

also, btw, Simontacchi, whom you may not know, is a young and brilliant player; he's at Hartt College, and to my ears is one of the most interesting new musicians around.

Edited by AllenLowe

My breakdowns are usually quite calm, it's the normalcy where I get nervous, and don't break a leg, even if you do have insurance, that's not a road down which I would think you'd like to go, but yes, do have a great show, and you will be recording, if only for yourself, right?