mr jazz

Stan Getz downloads

9 posts in this topic

Anyone purchased any of these? The Almeida recording is a favorite so on the radar.  96 or 192?

Not familiar with either. A real treat is the Getz/Chet Baker collaboration ,try it you will like it !

I did purchase the dl of Getz/Almeida and can recommend it. More dynamic than the cd version. 

Dumb question. If I downloaded a hi-res track from HD Tracks (let's assume for the moment that it's a well-sourcedwell-mastered download), and then burned it to a CD (because basically that's the only way I can listen to it on my current home system), do I throw away all the benefits of high-res?

18 minutes ago, riddlemay said:

Dumb question. If I downloaded a hi-res track from HD Tracks (let's assume for the moment that it's a well-sourcedwell-mastered download), and then burned it to a CD (because basically that's the only way I can listen to it on my current home system), do I throw away all the benefits of high-res?

short answer is yes. Google is your friend here. My Oppo BR player will play almost any resolution so you can either send it via your network or load it on a flash drive and play it though the usb port on the machine. 

9 hours ago, mr jazz said:

short answer is yes. Google is your friend here. My Oppo BR player will play almost any resolution so you can either send it via your network or load it on a flash drive and play it though the usb port on the machine. 

Cool. Thanks.