3 posts in this topic

cover-1020e106fc2f4f26a4a0fa927c17e539-h

Roseanna Vitro
Listen Here 2020 re-release

Impacting
February 12th, 2021

Format(s): Jazz

Bio

Vocalist Roseanna Vitro – performer, recording artist, educator and journalist – reissues “Listen Here,” the debut album from 1984 that launched her career with 14 releases to date. This project ushered into the spotlight a formidable new artist with chops and sensitivity in equal measure–a galvanizing spirit who, having already proven she could move live audiences, now certified her power on vinyl.  Subsequent albums re-imagined the works of popular music’s greatest songwriters and stylists – among them Ray Charles, Bill Evans, Clare Fischer, and Randy Newman. It was through the latter’s artful song narratives that Vitro earned a Grammy nomination for “The Music of Randy Newman.” Regarding her inspiration to re-release her earliest recording, she says, “It was time to take stock of my life and look back at my career. Some of my earlier records were never transferred to a digital format, so they are no longer available. And many reviewers and DJs who have known me over the years have moved on. I think these early recordings stand the test of time and I want to introduce them to a new generation of listeners.”

She has two more albums in production, and a few more from her catalog to re-release in digital format, so the spectrum of her career is ever-expanding, reaching back with power and forward with continued inspiration and momentum.

Longer bio at: https://roseannavitrojazz.squarespace.com/bio

Social Media:

icon_facebook.pngicon_instagram.pngicon_spotify.pngicon_youtubemusic.png  

rvitrojazz@gmail.com

www.roseannavitro,com

Edited by GA Russell

That's a sexy album cover, always was:

R-6051136-1528096941-4662.jpeg.jpg

I like her "Passion Dance" (the Tyner composition) album on Telarc a lot.  Never heard the one noted here.  She's a really good singer.