Happy Birthday Curtis Fuller

Cyril

curtis-fuller-86.jpg

Time to dig up the Mosaic again, I guess... I got that one in my pre-internet/credit-card days, when I sent IMOs to Mosaic and it took ages to get something. Wanted to get the Jimmy Smith but added a note that in case it was sold out by the time they get my order, they please add the Fuller. I wasn't disappointed in the end... now that some of the Smith is out as RVGs again, I think I enjoy the Fuller a lot more!

playing this one right now - very upbeat music!

512534.jpg

Up Jumped Spring (Delmark)

This features Brad Goode on trumpet, Karl Montzka on piano, Larry Gray or Stewart Miller on bass, Tim Davis on drums, and on one track, Jacey Falk on vocals. Mostly unknown names to me, but it's a mighty fine disc!

Hm, very weird interview... I get the impression it's fabricated - many all-too-general statements, it seems like either Fuller just didn't answer the questions, or they just had a chat and the interviewer later made up some questions to put into the transcript. Also sorry to say, but the language is pretty... "holprig" I'd say in german.

Anyway, it's great that Fuller's still going strong, and I wish him all the best and that he can go on for as long as he wants to!

Hm, very weird interview... I get the impression it's fabricated - many all-too-general statements, it seems like either Fuller just didn't answer the questions, or they just had a chat and the interviewer later made up some questions to put into the transcript. Also sorry to say, but the language is pretty... "holprig" I'd say in german.

Anyway, it's great that Fuller's still going strong, and I wish him all the best and that he can go on for as long as he wants to!

Thanks for the perspective. I should have added that I don't speak German at all -- beyond what I can recall from "Hogan's Heroes" as a kid -- so I was just acting as the messenger.

<<Curtis Fuller: Ich hoffe, ich komme aus dem Bett. Dann mache ich ein bisschen Yoga, esse einen Toast und trinke Tee oder entkoffeinierten Kaffee. Solange ich das jeden Tag tun kann, geht es mir gut. Ich habe keine Zeit mehr zu verschwenden in meinem Alter.>>

This is so funny..;)