Please note that the discography on that site is problematic - it is the result of collaborative efforts from about 10-15 years ago (I was part of the workforce). Subsequently in 1994, Robert Campbell (a major original contributor) published The Earthly Recordings Of Sun Ra and the online version stopped evolving as it had, much to the distress of the other numerous contributors.

In 2003, Campbell's book received a second, much improved and expanded edition (with the additional help of Chris Trent). The original book was 247 pages, the second edition is 847 pages. There is a third edition in the works.

What is on the website has been slightly updated since 1993 - which is *twelve* years now - but unfortunately it's not the best available information. Campbell and Trent (understandably) reserve new discoveries for the published books, and other contributors won't bother to update online what is already out-of-date.

Mike

Well, I recommend contacting Campbell - my info is from here:

http://hubcap.clemson.edu/~campber/earthlies.html

The wait might be long - I don't know.

Mike

And I will readily agree that the website works just fine as a shopping guide - but that's not the only purpose of a discography, probably not even the primary intended purpose.

Edited by Michael Fitzgerald

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...