Who is Bill Triglia???

B. Goren.

Bill Triglia is the pianist who recorded Tijuana Moods together with Mingus in 1957. Tijuana Modds is the only album in my collection his name appears on. According to the discography I found, he has not recorded between 1961 -1979. If you know some more details about him I'll be happy to learn something.

Edited by B. Goren.

Bill Triglia has his own thread at

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=17203

(partly due to my own posting in wrong threads :blush: ) there is als some info in the Tony Fruscella thread

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=1867

(Triglia is also on most of Fruscella's great recordings)

as you can see in these threads, Allen Lowe knows him and sometimes shares great storie...

Don't know what happened to him during the 60s and 70s but he was doing fine on the 1979 Dave Schildkraut disc that Allen Lowe released on Endgame and also on the 1984 Don Joseph Uptown album 'One of a Kind'.

As Niko mentioned, Allen Lowe will hopefully chime in and give us informations.

There's a late-70s(?) broadcast recording floating around of J.R. Montrose & Sal Nistico that shows Triglia in fine form.

Seems like he's one of those guys that chose to stay active w/o pursuing the recording part of their career (or else just weren't courted by anybody). But he's still around, and still playing.