Sadowsky guitars

7/4

I believe final assembly including fretwork, nut, and the bridge is done in Brooklyn, but isn't the majority of the build in done in Japan?

I think it's all made in Brooklyn.

$3300 for a Semi Hollow, $3900 for a Jim Hall...I didn't see anything on the web site or guitars that indicated that they were not made in the USA.

Thanks, I see it now.

from the 20th Century Gtr review:

Built in Japan at the Sadowsky Tokyo shop under the supervision of top Japanese luthier Yoshi Kikuchi, with its final fretwork and set up done here at Sadowsky’s Brooklyn digs.

Same with the D'Angelicos I guess.

The current D'Angelico Excels are made in Korea, the D'Angelico New Yorkers in Japan.

But hell, Japan are old-skool luthiers at this point, what with Korea and everybody else in the game.

Excellent point.

Pat Metheny and Mike Stern play Sadowsky's, Pat can be seen playing a solid body nylon string on the "Secret Story Live" DVD. Sorta odd because his nylon string of choice is made by Linda Manzer, and before that he often played an Ovation I think, right Joe?

Sounds right to me. The Electric Nylon seems to be real popular.

• 1 month later...