SPOTTED: OOP BN RARE GROOVE

f30858orp6x.jpg

Common Touch

Stanley Turrentine/Shirley Scott

I spotted the above CD in excellent condition at a local shop I frequent. Anyone interested?

As always I would prefer to trade. These are the ones I am looking for.

Looking for these Blue Note CD’s of similar quality:

*Grachan Moncur III Evolution

Lee Morgan Delightfulee

Lee Morgan The Rajah

Lee Morgan Indeed!,Vol. 1

Lee Morgan Vol. 2

Duke Pearson Tender Feelin’s

Duke Pearson Profile

Jutta Hippa Live at the Hickory House Vol 1&2

Curits Fuller The Opener

Curtis Fuller Bones & Bari

* Already have off brand copies of this one.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

These were released several times on cd in America:

Lee Morgan Delightfulee

Lee Morgan The Rajah

These are Japan only cds:

Lee Morgan Vol. 2

Duke Pearson Profile

Curits Fuller The Opener

Edited by jazzbo

f30858orp6x.jpg

Common Touch

Stanley Turrentine/Shirley Scott

I spotted the above CD in excellent condition at a local shop I frequent. Anyone interested?

As always I would prefer to trade. These are the ones I am looking for.

Looking for these Blue Note CD’s of similar quality:

Lee Morgan Delightfulee

Lee Morgan The Rajah

Lee Morgan Vol. 2

Duke Pearson Profile

Curits Fuller The Opener

* Already have off brand copies of this one.

Shoot me a pm if interested.

Shucks!

I'd trade my own copy of "Common Touch" for any on that list too!

I may be wrong, but I don't think the Turrentine is that difficult to find.

Conn 500,

As many folks on this Board already know, I am not a dealer. With that said it is not my goal to end up on the "best" side of the deal nor the "worst" side of the deal. I am simply trying to add to my collection and I always try to see if anyone in need of a disc has something that I may be looking for. If I can find a trade that works for both of us then I consider that a win, win. I can assure you that the Board Members here are pretty astute when it comes to relative worth.

When I spot a disc that I think board members may want, I try to let people know. If no trade deals show up, I usually pick the disc up for the first person that ask me to buy it. I sell it to them for what it cost me to buy,package and ship it. There are a number of Board Members who have received discs from me like this. I think most consider this very fair.

As difficult as it may be to believe, there are a lot of Board Members who are interested in the music, not how much it will bring on ebay. I have been fortunate enough to meet many of them. I would like to think that I have helped them out on occasion, I know there are many who have helped me out as well.

I certainly did not intend to offend anyone's sensibilities with my list. That just seems to be what I am looking for at the moment. I think Common Touch is a pretty good soul jazz session and is one that I do not see around here very often. I do know that certain titles seem to show up in certain parts of the country more often than other parts for some reason.

Thanks for providing me the opportunity to clear all that up!! :g:g:g

Conn 500,

As many folks on this Board already know, I am not a dealer. With that said it is not my goal to end up on the "best" side of the deal nor the "worst" side of the deal. I am simply trying to add to my collection and I always try to see if anyone in need of a disc has something that I may be looking for. If I can find a trade that works for both of us then I consider that a win, win. I can assure you that the Board Members here are pretty astute when it comes to relative worth.

When I spot a disc that I think board members may want, I try to let people know. If no trade deals show up, I usually pick the disc up for the first person that ask me to buy it. I sell it to them for what it cost me to buy,package and ship it. There are a number of Board Members who have received discs from me like this. I think most consider this very fair.

As difficult as it may be to believe, there are a lot of Board Members who are interested in the music, not how much it will bring on ebay. I have been fortunate enough to meet many of them. I would like to think that I have helped them out on occasion, I know there are many who have helped me out as well.

I certainly did not intend to offend anyone's sensibilities with my list. That just seems to be what I am looking for at the moment. I think Common Touch is a pretty good soul jazz session and is one that I do not see around here very often. I do know that certain titles seem to show up in certain parts of the country more often than other parts for some reason.

Thanks for providing me the opportunity to clear all that up!! :g:g:g

No problem, brother...

Always good to explain things.

BTW, I can offer any RVG for a JRVG of Duke Pearson, "Right Touch"

:g;)

(I'm only trying to improve my collection; surely there's someone out there dumb enough to take me up on this...) :g

But seriously...

What else you got for trade? I've got one or two from your want list I could consider trading if you've got something I need...

As difficult as it may be to believe, there are a lot of Board Members who are interested in the music, not how much it will bring on ebay.

That's one way to look at it, but unfortunately economics will always play a role.

When you pay $30 for "Delightfullee" and $28 each for "Tender Feelin's" and "Profile," and "The Opener," like I did; while none of these has become any easier to find, then you can't avoid the economic issue. They're not likely to go cheap. Maybe you can find someone who can let them go cheap, but it might take an awfully long time. I suppose you never know what you could run into in a secondhand bin...

All those sessions on your want list are good cds too (except I've never heard the Jutta Hippa)

BTW, I can offer any RVG for a JRVG of Duke Pearson, "Right Touch"

:g;)

(I'm only trying to improve my collection; surely there's someone out there dumb enough to take me up on this...) :g

Conn.

I really am not looking for a tit for tat but when I am being mocked I feel the need to respond. I think your comments presuppose that the only way to trade is 1 for 1. I'll give you 1 of mine for 1 of yours.

As I indicated above, I have found that the Board Members are very astute as to the relative worth of the CD's that they own. Accordingly, you might have a trade offer that offers 2 of mine for 1 of yours; or 2 of yours for 1 of mine. Or you may have an offer that offers 1 of mine plus cash, for 1 of yours; or 1 of yours plus cash for 1 of mine....... And that is just the start. There are a number of different possibilities but if a deal is struck, it is a deal that works for both parties.

This is not The Art of the Deal, but your comments suggest a level of sophistication that is not shared by everyone on this Board. You do not have to be stupid to work a trade, creative maybe, but not stupid.

If you choose to sell at retail and buy at retail that is up to you and you are certainly free to pursue that route. There are a number of dealers on ebay who you can join. In the meantime I will continue to try to get hard to find cd's into the hands of people here who may be looking for them. If I can expand my collection at the same time, I will attempt to do so. I do not intend to offend anyone. Fortunately there are a number of nice folks who I have met here that seem to be trying to do the same thing.

Good luck