Sam Rivers Mosaic LP set..Ebay

Really like the mastering of the 'Contours' session on this LP set - I'll bet the NY USA version sounds just wonderful.

Yep, it's in my top 20 or so, but it's the only BN Rivers I have on vinyl, so I still want to get this set at some point.

I would guess that the Mosaics are equal or superior to the original pressings, except maybe for Contours and Fuschia Swing Song. Mass produced vinyl was getting pretty noisy toward the mid- to late-1960s. Clearly for half or more of this set, the Mosaic is the only audiophile source, and many people are unimpressed with the CD sound. When Groove Yard and the JRC see this set, they say it always goes for big bucks, believe me I've inquired.

I think it was a pretty good buy. However, with the individual vinyl issues, you get the original cover art, in "full size," which is kind of cool. Of course, that's always a potential "drawback" (if such) with Mosaic sets, but it seems more apropos with vinyl. Also, I do prefer the original vinyl to the reissue vinyl.