Microsoft Scratches Plan for Web in Potty

Microsoft Scratches

Plan for Web in Potty

By a WALL STREET JOURNAL Staff Reporter

REDMOND, Wash. -- Microsoft Corp. canceled its plans for the iLoo, an Internet-equipped portable potty, after erroneously saying Monday that the project had been a hoax.

Lisa Gurry, director of marketing for MSN, chalked it up to "internal miscommunication."

News that the software firm was readying the Wi-Fi water closet for use at outdoor festivals this summer in Britain was widely reported in the U.S. But on Monday the company decided to cancel the project, which was developed by employees in the United Kingdom operations of its MSN online unit.

When word of that decision got back to Microsoft headquarters, however, some Microsoft representatives had the impression that the project had been a practical joke from the beginning, telling reporters that they had been unaware that it was a joke.

The iLoo, Ms. Gurry said, was the latest in a U.K.-based MSN marketing program, which already had touted Internet connectivity through various venues, including a high-tech park bench.

Whenever I run into the situation described above by Dan, I make a point of making exaggerated flushing noises so that the person on the other end is absolutely sure what locale he is being called from.

What are these people thinking???

Bertrand.

Edited by bertrand

Whenever I run into the situation described above by Dan, I make a point of making exaggerated flushing noises so that the person on the other end is absolutely sure what locale he is being called from.

What are these people thinking???

Bertrand.

Thinking??? Thinking??? If you sit on a toilet, then decide to use a cell phone , the blood must be cut off to your brain.... :rolleyes: