Audiophile tomfoolery

Jim Alfredson

On another forum, it was recently discovered that $400 power cords from a US hifi brand were in fact relabeled power cables from the belgian company Eupen Kabelwerke. These are high quality cables used for medical instruments, but they cost only $20 in supply stores.

And, to switch from Swedish (that one was a laugh to read) to German:

The other day I bought one of the better European Audio mags and stumbled across this company (and the cables named A.62, A.62 V. 2 and B.62). I ordered a set of cables because they came recommended by several reliable sources, and ... Eureka!

They're a real blast at a fragment of the usual cost. They easily blow my Cardas Crosslink (for all of you who know that one) out of the water and I can heartily recommend both the A.62 and B.62 if you need a cable which does, well nothing. I have a pretty "warm-sounding" Marantz setup and needed to tone that one down a bit, and these cables are just the thing. They don't add but purely transport the sound. Quite a revelation (and a slap in the face of many much more expensive companies). beg, steal or borrow.

http://www.funk-tonstudiotechnik.de/dakabel.htm (FUNK Studiotechnik).

Cheers!

... and off for some Paul Desmond ... :excited::excited:

I read the whole thing and, if I understood correctly, the cost was only 10 Swedish crowns--not a lot of money for something that obviously did represent an enhancement of sorts. At first, I thought this was about a placebo audio device. :D Of course its still fraudulent, isn't it?

I read the whole thing and, if I understood correctly, the cost was only 10 Swedish crowns--not a lot of money for something that obviously did represent an enhancement of sorts. At first, I thought this was about a placebo audio device. :D Of course its still fraudulent, isn't it?

As far as I recall, they were just wondering why one needed such a big case for such small filter devices.

There was also talk of a so-called "Zobel" link which has been given high praise by some voodoo ;) mags when used on EXTERNAL connectors etc. I find that to be quite controversial, to say the least. You can get the things for around 30 cents and they are supposed to do wonders if used right.

Puttin the right music on does the trick for me.

Cheers!