Ray Charles Movie

When I saw the Manchurian Candidate this weekend (which BTW is very good, almost as good as the original), they had a trailer for this new film by Taylor Hackford. It looks good but I hope it doesn't turn out like Bird, focusing on the bad things in his life. Anybody heard anything about this upcoming flick?

Look up the chapter on Ray in Joe Goldberg's "Jazz Masters of the Fifties." Highly recommended.

I'll give you a hint, from Ray's obituary on CNN.com:

"Charles had his struggles. In 1964 he was arrested on drug charges and checked into a rehab center in California. He admitted he had struggled with a heroin addiction for 20 years.

"He later became reluctant to talk about the drug use, notes The Associated Press, fearing it would taint how people thought of his work."

I saw that trailer with Bourne Supremacy. It followed the trailer for Collateral (also with Foxx). As soon as they started playing What'd I Say? my daughter turned to me and said "You're going to see that, aren't you." To which I replied "You bet!"

That's exactly what my said. BTW, that Collateral movie looks good too. I want to see that this weekend. I know you can't get everything from a trailer but he does look like he could be a very good actor.