Miles "Plugged Nickel" box

j_par

Hi all,

I'm a big Miles fan, but I still don't have the Plugged Nickel box in my collection.

Tower's current online sale has it priced at $97 and some change. Does anyone know if there's anywhere I can do better without going used?

Thanks folks!

Jeff

Yeah, I'd seen that at Amazon ... $76 isn't so bad. Then there's the shipping though ... and at that point I wonder if the difference is worth going the used route for. (Tower is offering free shipping in addition to the sale prices right now.)

In any case, thanks for the info (and the welcome).

Guest Chaney

:winky: D'oh! I read right over your not wanting a used set!

The Tower deal looks pretty darned good - especially considering that shipping is free. Other than some sort of music club, Tower may be the way to go.

For an additional $35.24, you'll also be picking up Charlie Christian: The Genius Of The Electric Guitar, right? ^_^

Guest Chaney

I don't know Christian's music. Is it a must-have??

How DARE you question our recommendations!

:angry:

:rolleyes:

It is a terrific set with amazingly good sound. Be forewarned though: aside from the Bill Evans Verve set -- WOW KIDS! WATCH IT RUST RIGHT BEFORE YOUR EYES! -- you'll have a difficult time finding goofier packaging. HERE'S a prior discussion on that topic.

If you're not familiar with Christian, HERE'S a recent discussion.

Man, you're going to be sooo broke... just like the rest of us!

Man, you're going to be sooo broke... just like the rest of us!

Broke? I'm pretty much already there; it's just a question of what's getting next week's money.

Thanks for the links, I'll definitely do some reading up around here.

Edited by j_par

Sales tax was suspended for one day today here in Massachusetts, so I decided to hit one of my favorite CD stores ... and I was very pleased to find a used copy of the Plugged Nickel box for just $69.99. It looked like new, so I grabbed it.

I'm quite excited; I've been putting off this purchase for a few years. Off to the CD player!