Happy birthday to Wayne Shorter

bertrand

[chortle chortle] Had to laugh, Jim S!

I'm of two minds about Shorter's "Footprints Live" quartet, but I saw him a couple of months ago with Hancock, Holland, and Blade, and what a quartet they made. Free and oblique but gorgeous nonetheless--rather quiet and low-key but that masked a great intensity and served well a certain flair for the dramatic. Nevertheless I wasn't entirely sure about what I had just listened to; the emotional intensity hadn't quite made it through the long distance to the top of the theatre, where I nestled close to the ceiling. However, the show was broadcast on French radio and I was able to get a copy of it, burned to two CDs. I've been listening to little else for the past week. I find it really quite extraordinary. If they don't release a live album from this tour, they're crazy.

Did someone noticed strange (?) coincidence: Pres and Shorter were born at the same day.

I know that Shorter in his youth listened carefully to Lester and admire him a lot, right?

Happy Birthday!

(And for all natal observers and analizers, Bird was born just few days later)

Edited by mmilovan