Mobley craziness

AmirBagachelles

I've communicated with the buyer quite a bit. I took part in a Blue Note stamper project he has going on. He has to have everthing Blue Note.

Probably one he did not have in his collection.

Hi wolff,

you made me curious. Can you tell us a bit more about this "Stamper project"?

Very interesting is the comment of the seller the Sheila Jordan LP was never released as a Deep Groove. Where can I get that kind of information? The seller must have a very impressive BN collection.

Sheila Jordan on BN

I've also had some communication with LOR. about his project. Coming from the world of rare books, I'm familiar with the sort of painstaking antiquarianism of the kind LOR is involved in. I'm loathe to criticize collectors of any objects whose pursuit of seemingly obscure or useless detail proves to be of value to later researchers.

Having said all that, I still really can't see any great value in what LOR is doing. It seems more obsessive than focused. It also seems beside the point, irrelevant to the musical projects that Blue Note was carrying out. Perhaps someone can provide an explanation that makes sense of what this fellow is doing.

Having said all that, I still really can't see any great value in what LOR is doing. It seems more obsessive than focused. It also seems beside the point, irrelevant to the musical projects that Blue Note was carrying out. Perhaps someone can provide an explanation that makes sense of what this fellow is doing.

I guess he just likes doing it.

Knowing stamper variations with RCA 'Shaded Dogs' was a big thing for collectors, but I do not see it working for BN's.

Guest ariceffron

1) you should post those links to the stamper proj. info if they are still up-- they were very interesting w/ lots of blue note info one might not normally be able to find on the net

2) the ua/lib. pressing of hi voltage! IS the original pressing--- there were no others. its one of his dates from the later 60s remember, and a very good one at that