Kitty Margolis

LAL

After digging much music of Ella, Billie, Betty Carter, June Christy etc, I'm now ready to move on to contemporary (not necessarily young) vocalists. After some search, the name Kitty Margolis is stirring some interest. AMG rates her as a great talent who can improvise and scat.

Are there any fans of this singer out there and what are your comments and/or criticisms? Which album to start with? Her album Evolution, which features Joe Henderson seems very interesting. I've done a search for a thread on her but couldn't find any. Thanks in advance!

I'm embarrassed to say I don't have anything by her. She gets quite a bit of play on KCSM, our local jazz station, and every time I hear her, I swear I'm going to pick up some stuff, but as yet I haven't. I do recommend her, though! Can't help with album recommendations, obviously, but hopefully you can help me soon! ;)

I'm embarrassed to say I don't have anything by her.  She gets quite a bit of play on KCSM, our local jazz station, and every time I hear her, I swear I'm going to pick up some stuff, but as yet I haven't.  I do recommend her, though!  Can't help with album recommendations, obviously, but hopefully you can help me soon!  ;)

Okie dokie. Here're some reviews from AAJ which I've just found.

Evolution

Left Coast Life

Heart and Soul: Live In San Francisco

Plus there're the reviews on AMG. Still, I still need some convincing on her albums (ok so I'm almost there with Evolution). ;)

• 1 month later...