Jill Scott: BEAUTIFULLY HUMAN

JSngry

• 1 year later...

OK, I'm finally pulling the trigger on this one. Should be in my mailbox early next week.

My wife and I have some roadtrips planned for May and June, and I thought it'd be good to get some new tunes for the car. R&B ain't something we have a whole bunch of, let alone much neo-soul (try "none", come to think of it). But if Sangry says it's that good, how can you argue with that!! :g

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Road trip, eh?

Take a bus and buy some Monday Michiru sides. ;)

Hey, this Jill Scott side is great. I think you'll feel the love. Enjoy.

(But seriously, start a savings fund and get some Monday. Seriously. One can never have too much good music in one's life.)

I like all of Jill Scotts music. I really enjoy her vocals and her instrumental accompaniment. I just had a personal concert of her music along with Erykah Badu and Sade! DAMN! I LOVE THIER MUSIC...!!! I also think Alicia Keys is very talented. I heard on the Mary McPartland show a few months back and she played some of her music and a few Marvin Gaye tunes. I like the fact that she writes her own music and plays the piano. A big plus in my eyes since so many of the current popular music icons are totally musically illeterate, compose no music, cannot sing and cannot play any instruments. I don't consider her the most gifted vocalist (e.g. Sarah Vaughn, Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Patty Label, et al) but her ability to compose music, play an instrument and posses enough talent to sing well gives her a big plus in my book. :rofl:

OK, I'm finally pulling the trigger on this one. Should be in my mailbox early next week.

My wife and I have some roadtrips planned for May and June, and I thought it'd be good to get some new tunes for the car. R&B ain't something we have a whole bunch of, let alone much neo-soul (try "none", come to think of it). But if Sangry says it's that good, how can you argue with that!! :g

It's that good.

By the way, I finally pulled the trigger on a copy of Natural Essence based on YOU and Jim! Looking forward to it!