Reid Miles Blue Note Cover Art

In the process of doing my post-Xmas sale shopping yesterday I noticed that the 'Habitat' store here in the UK was doing mounted prints of 3 Reid Miles items and that they were also on sale. B-) The 3 titles are Tina Brooks 'True Blue', Kenny Dorham 'Trompeta Toccata' and Sonny Clark 'Trio'. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as these were displayed amongst the usual Habitat prints of jars of fruit, seascapes, floral scenes etc.

Sale price for these mounted prints (which look pretty damn good) is £9 each.

A further suprise awaited me when I checked out the furniture section upstairs. There on display was a 1m x 1m matted and framed wall print of Larry Young 'Unity'. Not part of the sale unfortunately - £140 and part of their 'standard' range at the present time.

Looking at the prints (which are more than acceptable) I suspect that they are taken from the Marsh/Callingham 'Blue Note Cover Art' book. I came out with a Tina Books and a Kenny Dorham (passed on the Clark as it was a 'Liberty' era cover :lol: )

Might be of interest to anyone in the UK posting fraternity who has a spare wall to cover up.

There's also Reid Miles greetings cards on sale at branches of Waterstones. About £2 each. About half a dozen titles available including 'Unity', 'The Turnaround', 'True Blue', 'Sonny Clark Trio' and one of the Jimmy Smith titles.

Wonder if and when they will be covering the likes of Grachan Moncur 'Some Other Stuff' and Tyrone Washington 'Natural Essence'. Spring collection, possibly?..

Edited by sidewinder

There's also Reid Miles greetings cards on sale at branches of Waterstones. About £2 each. About half a dozen titles available including 'Unity', 'The Turnaround', 'True Blue', 'Sonny Clark Trio' and one of the Jimmy Smith titles.

A few others here will likely snicker or complain, but I'd love to buy some blank greeting-cards with Reid Miles BN covers on the front.

If anybody finds a U.S. source for these, speak up!!!

In the process of doing my post-Xmas sale shopping yesterday I noticed that the 'Habitat' store here in the UK was doing mounted prints of 3 Reid Miles items and that they were also on sale.  B-)  The 3 titles are Tina Brooks 'True Blue', Kenny Dorham 'Trompeta Toccata' and Sonny Clark 'Trio'. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets as these were displayed amongst the usual Habitat prints of jars of fruit, seascapes, floral scenes etc.

Sale price for these mounted prints (which look pretty damn good) is £9 each.

A further suprise awaited me when I checked out the furniture section upstairs. There on display was a 1m x 1m matted and framed wall print of Larry Young 'Unity'. Not part of the sale unfortunately - £140 and part of their 'standard' range at the present time.

Looking at the prints (which are more than acceptable) I suspect that they are taken from the Marsh/Callingham 'Blue Note Cover Art' book. I came out with a Tina Books and a Kenny Dorham (passed on the Clark as it was a 'Liberty' era cover  :lol: )

Might be of interest to anyone in the UK posting fraternity who has a spare wall to cover up.

Wonder if and when they will be covering the likes of Grachan Moncur 'Some Other Stuff' and Tyrone Washington 'Natural Essence'. Spring collection, possibly?..

I bought the Kenny Dorham and Tina Brooks about three months ago for £18 each! I don't think I will get the Sonny Clark, even for £9.They really look great in the lounge.There are 12 greeting cards altogether: The ones you have mentioned + Curtis Fuller (Vol.3), Sonny Rollins (Vol.1), Kenny Burrell (Midnight Blue), Grant Green (Idle Moments), Sonny Clark (Cool Struttin'), John Coltrane (Blue Train) and Dexter Gordon (A swinging affair). Very nice stuff!

Edited by ASNL77