I have the hardcover, but need to get the softcover. Don't forget to get the 2005 Blue Note calendar with more nice Wolff photos.

It's also nice to have a few Blue Note LP's(ask you dad what they are) with the beautiful covers that include Wolff's photos.

So kid, how did you get interested in jazz?

Well not my dad. He does not like jazz. Well he's a big Tijuana Brass fan, that and other oldies stuff. There is some jazz influence in that, so perhaps that's how I got into jazz, but my dad don't like any hard core stuff, like Coltrane and Miles.

I guess I just always loved jazz. Since about age 11, I have become more serious about getting all the Blue Note recordings. I'm now 15. I got the chance to play with some jazz cats, a guitarist and a bassist. Cool, we played standards, like All Blues, Autumn Leaves, All The Things You Are, Caravan, etc. I was about 13 years old at time. I have just switched to guitar after hearing Joe Pass and the Poll Winners album with Barney Kessel.

I got my copy of the softcover book for $13.50 at True Blue (accessible via the Mosaic Records site). Worked out at about £7 for UK buyers compared with the £20 I saw it for in the shops in London. Not sure if it's still on special but it might worth a look !

That softcover book is a killer, with some wonderful later Wolff photos in colour. Prints are in Ektachrome, so they look wonderful. Great shots of Hank, Larry Young, Pete LaRoca etc. :excited:

Edited by sidewinder