Anyone use the Verbatim Vinyl CDR?

Hardbopjazz

there seems to be quite a range of prices for these discs. amazon sells the 50-pack for $18, while office depot has the same spindle for $31! note: there's a $4 rebate that expires on 1/31. there might be a question about the maximum burning speed for these discs. here's what one person wrote on epinions: "I called Verbatim to ask about getting a refund and they agreed to send me 4 new discs to replace the ones that were coasters. Then they told me that these discs will not burn reliably at speeds faster than 12x! I said, "What?! It doesn't say that anywhere on the box!" But the Verbatim rep on the phone insisted that was why I had the 4 bad burns, and if I burned the other ones, they'd be fine if I burned at 12x or less. I did, and in fact did have no more coasters. "

Edited by jazzshrink

Chaney: I wish I could spend it on those Mitsui's Gold but I still didn't find a seller online who charges normal shipping to Europe. Any help would be appreciated......

Sending you a PM.

50 for $31?  50 for $18?  Sheesh!  I spend around $85 for 100 Mitsui (MAM) golds!

Am I the only person spending this kind of dough on blanks?

from the american-digital website:

"Accelerated aging tests show that MAM Gold can be used as a reliable storage media for more than 300 years. "

so my question is this: are you planning on being around in 2305? :P

p.s. i don't buy crappy cdrs either. i find the klones (manufactured by mitsui) suit my needs quite well.

Edited by jazzshrink