help me on this one

akashick

Hi everybody.

I got an old tape called "walkman jazz: various artist" wich I lost. I used to listen to it a lot but now I can't remember the title or artist for a couple of songs in there.

1) The first one was a pice in 'A minor' that starts with a vibraphone playing a melody and within 3 bars starts a piano doing the same melody overlaping the vibraphone, 3 bars later a female chorus and then a male chorus. Do this sound like something to you?. If does, please let me know.

2)The other one i've forgotten is some kind of a blues, I think in C minor, with a large brass section playing one motive and many variations, but the key to know might be the large (and very fine) organ solo in the middle section. too damn hard?. I wish not.

Thank you.

rorocabrera@hotmail.com

And believe it or not, I was going to suggest the Swingle Singers/MJQ collaboration for 1), but wasn't sure enough. I used to have that album (on Phillips, iirc, bought it at a pawn shop for 50 cents or something, totally plowed). Listened to it once or twice and literally threw it in the trash. Not my cup of tea...

But yeah, that would definitely fit the description.