• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in defence of their leaving, there were enough discographical mistakes on some of those trees, that these people really were not up to the task. the 70's tree gave 2 copies of 6/11/75 bottom line as two different shows.

on the 'odds and ends' cd, the 'unknown 20min' was never resolved by them to actually be from 3-6-70 fillmore. and when one of the names at that link above sent a wrong cd to me on a trade, he gave a huge paragraph of explanations, basically blaming it on the bootleggers, when all he did is dub a wrong cd. he wouldn't admit to it though.

and the 'i know it all' michael mclaughlin guy who contributed a lot of recordings to the trees really doesn't know shit about discographies. probably doesn't know the location of losin's miles discography link.

Miles in Belgium Tree Show #2

Here's something quite a bit more substantial from Mr. Davis and company. This show is a prime example of the power and subtlety of the second great quintet. It's hard to believe that this was one of their last major tours. They were definitely at the top of their game.

This show was included in the Miles 67 tree and may have been seeded here previously. This source is excellent quality and it may be different from what some of you have.

And another happy thanksgiving (or the equivalent) to all MFs out there in the world. Go Cowboys!

Miles Davis Quintet

Koningin Elizabeth-zaal

Zoo

Antwerpen Belgium

10-28-1967

Miles Davis - trumpet

Wayne Shorter - saxophones

Herbie Hancock - piano

Ron Carter - acoustic bass

Tony Williams - drums

Radio broadcast

1. Agitation

2. Footprints

3. 'Round Midnight

4. No Blues

5. Riot

6. On Green Dolphin Street

7. Masqualero

8. Gingerbread Boy

9. The Theme

(got this from EZtree - will search for more there)

Miles Davis - Miles In Belgium: 1957 - 1989 [MilesTree 8CDs]

CD1: Three tracks live at Birdland, Broadway, New York City, October 1957 + 9 tracks live at Koningin Elizabeth-zaal, Zoo, Antwerpen, 28-10-1967

CD2: Live at Palais des Beaux Arts, Salle Henri Leboeuf, Bruxelles, 26-10-1971

CD3: Live at Paleis voor Schone Kunsten, Zaal Henri Leboeuf, Brussel, 8-2-1982

CD4: Live at Koninklijk Circus, Brussel, 25-4-1983

CD5: Pt 2 of 25-4-1983

CD6: Live at Forest National, Bruxelles, 31-10-1985. Worst sound of this set.

CD7: Live at Koningin Elizabethzaal, Antwerpen 1-11-1989

CD8: The Encores from 1983 and 1989.

For anyone who's interested in 1967 live stuff, somebody just seeded the April 1967 gig with Stinson subbing for Carter. It's noteworthy for being the group's only known live performance of Wayne's "Dolores", as well as the last known appearance of "Stella by Starlight".

link

I can't wait to hear this!

Guy

A long time ago I promised I'd seed a tree of the boots I have (mostly from 66-70), never got around to it. I'll try to get on it. Guilt trips are encouraged!

Guy

Guilt trip:

I just don't know how you can live with yourself. Do you actually get off on being selfish? I can't imagine. It must be tough.

Okay here's some information:

HSHB04 The Forensic Music Tour

Disc One: Jacksonville, OR Britt Festivals, 18 June Part 1

Disc Two: Jacksonville, OR Britt Festivals, 18 June Part 2

Disc Three: London, Barbican, July 2

Disc Four: Paris, Theatre du Chelet, July 3 Part 1

Disc Five: Paris, Theatre du Chelet, July 3 Part 2

Disc Six: Lubeck/Kiel, Jazzbatica Salzau July 4

Disc Seven: Cophenhagen Jazz Festival July 5

Disc Eight: Vienne, Theatre Antique de Vienne July 8 Part 1

Disc Nine: Vienne, Theatre Antique de Vienne July 8 Part 2

Disc Ten: Perugia, Umbria Jazz 2004, Arena Santa Giuliana, July 18 Part 1

Disc Eleven: Perugia, Umbria Jazz 2004, Arena Santa Giuliana, July 18 Part 2

Notes:

Brit Festivals: Only audience recording in the set. First show of the tour. Lots of Herbie chatter.

London: From the Jazz on 3 BBC broadcast, presented by Jez Nelson (July 16 broadcast). Origin of tree name is from Nelson's introduction.

Paris: FM Broadcast, Presented by Xavier Prevost. Opening act was Marc Ducret.

Copenhagen fragment: \dxy\copenhagenjazz2004.jpg , Danish Radio, program 2

Salzau: Source: John Carr

Perugia: Slight digital noise on Part 1, noticeable around the beginning of track 4

Vienne: There are two comon versions of this show circulating. We had originally announced the single disc version, but have since acquired a more complete two disc set with equally good sound quality. Short drop out at 7:24 Track 1 disc 2.

Edited by jazzbo

For anyone who's interested in 1967 live stuff, somebody just seeded the April 1967 gig with Stinson subbing for Carter. It's noteworthy for being the group's only known live performance of Wayne's "Dolores", as well as the last known appearance of "Stella by Starlight".

link

Guy

Any luck with downloading this? My torrent won't start and I'm trying to figure out if the problem is on my end, or if there are just too many people trying to connect or something...

For anyone who's interested in 1967 live stuff, somebody just seeded the April 1967 gig with Stinson subbing for Carter.  It's noteworthy for being the group's only known live performance of Wayne's "Dolores", as well as the last known appearance of "Stella by Starlight".

link

Guy

Any luck with downloading this? My torrent won't start and I'm trying to figure out if the problem is on my end, or if there are just too many people trying to connect or something...

Depends on what you definite as luck. I'm stuck behind a university firewall and downloading this at about 2kb/s, but it's working.

Guy

It's frustrating...I'm getting the "problem connecting to tracker 10060" error and I can't tell if it's a firewall issue or not. I turn off both my software firewall and my network firewall, and it doesn't seem to help. A search has turned up examples of people who say the ISP is to blame, for shutting off people's access to certain ports if they see a lot of BT traffic. That would be really shitty...

Update, not that anyone cares: looks like the problem was on their end last night. About 75k/sec right now over here. Can't wait to hear it when I get off work today.

Edited by Big Wheel

More HSHB04 The Forensic Music Tour info:

Britt Festivals Discs 1 and 2

No track info

London Barbican 7/2/04 Disc 3

1 Introduction/Sonrisa (14:32)

2 Pathways (14:30)

3 Footprints (14:09)

4 Aung San sun Kyi/Prometheus Unbound (15:47)

5 Canteloupe Island/Closing Remarks (9:56)

Paris Théâtre du Châtelet 7/3/04 Disc 4

1 Intro (0:56)

2 Sonrisa (12:53)

3 Pathways (14:35)

4 Footprints (14:56)

5 Visitor From Nowhere/Visitor From Somewhere (9:55)

Paris Théâtre du Châtelet 7/3/04 Disc 5

1 Aung San sun Kyi (14:06)

2 Promethus Unbound (12:15)

3 Cantelope Island (10:36)

4 Memory of Enchantment (14:41)

Salzau Lubeck/Kiel Jazzbaltica 7/4/04 Disc 6

1 Sonrisa (14:13)

2 V (11:16)

3 Pathways (10:59)

4 Aung San sun Kyi (15:56)

5 Prometheus Unbound (12:08)

6 Canteloupe Island (11:23)

Copenhage Jazz Festival Det Kongelige Teater Gamle Scene 7/5/04 Disc 7

1 Memory of Enchantment (3:05) *Already in progress.

2 Sonrisa (11:52)

3 Footprints (12:02)

4 Prometheus Unbound (17:02)

5 Canteloupe Island (13:19)

Vienne Jazz Theatre Antique de Vienne 7/8/04 Disc 8

1 Intro/Sonrisa (12:56)

2 Intro/Visitor from Nowhere/Visitor from Somewhere (11:45)

3 Intro/Pathways (14:49)

Vienne Jazz Theatre Antique de Vienne 7/8/04 Disc 9

1 Intro/Manhattan Lorelei (12:27)

2 Intro/Drum Solo/Footprints (15:37)

3 Intro/Prometheus Unbound (10:44)

4 Intro/Canteloupe Island (13:05)

5 Closing Remarks (0:20)

Perugia Umbria Jazz Arena Santa Giuliana 7/18/04 Disc 10

1 Sonrisa (12:22)

2 Visitor from Somewhere/Visitor from Nowhere (12:36)

3 Pathways/??? (21:03)

4 Aung San Suu Kyi/Footprints (22:23)

Perugia Umbria Jazz Arena Santa Giuliana 7/18/04 Disc 11

1 Herbie Hancock intro (2:08)

2 Prometheus Unbound (13:47)

3 Canteloupe Island (8:21)

Edited by .:.impossible

Thanks for posting this, Cary! Not sure my seed would have the info (he didn't send me anything, but the package with the music should arrive any day now).

To nit-pick a bit: the venue in Paris is called Théâtre du Châtelet (not Chatelat), as far as I know.

The only one of these concerts I've heard is the JazzBaltica one, and I can tell you that one smokes!!! I also have that one VHS, as it was broadcasted on TV, as well.

The Salzau comes from FM, or TV, I assume. Sound quality on the version I have is prime. 3sat was the tv channel that did the broadcast, on radio I got it via Deutschlandfunk - though I'm not sure they recorded it themselves or just got it from the tv station or from another radio station (NDR?). This just for the geeks among us who care for such stuff. I assume that John Carr has recorded it off the air or off tv and offered a copy of it to the Miles Trees guys? (Or did he do an audience recording???)

What, Cary gets thanked and I don't? Scandalous! :huh: ;

Anyway you're right, Chatelet is mispelled in the source document.

th.chatelet.jpg

Uh... I'm wearing sackcloth now and spreaded some ashes on my head... ;)

I did only see your post after I saw Cary's, sorry! Now I indeed suddenly wonder about the JazzBaltica/Salzau one - can someone who's got the tree already tell me: is this sounding like FM?

ubu

I just got the set today. I have Disc 6 playing now, and I'd assume this was a studio recording if I didn't know any better.

VHS eh?

P.S. I edited the Paris venue, in case anyone copy/pastes this info for their records. Théâtre du Châtelet.

Edited by .:.impossible

It's frustrating...I'm getting the "problem connecting to tracker 10060" error and I can't tell if it's a firewall issue or not. I turn off both my software firewall and my network firewall, and it doesn't seem to help. A search has turned up examples of people who say the ISP is to blame, for shutting off people's access to certain ports if they see a lot of BT traffic. That would be really shitty...

Update, not that anyone cares: looks like the problem was on their end last night. About 75k/sec right now over here. Can't wait to hear it when I get off work today.

Same problem here, but as you report it's working now.