Could you finish this?

I'm sure this a faulty generalization but it seems that skinny people with unbeliveable metabolisms have the best sucsess with projects like that. The parents of one of our radio stations former owners had a restaurant in Manitou Springs,Colorado that served up a VERY LARGE hamburger. It wasn't as big as the one in this thread but it was considerable. The co-owner of the radio station was a skinny chain smoking dude. One day he went into said restaurant ordered one of those colossal burgers and polished it off-no problem. Sometime later I went into the same restaurant and ordered that same hamburger and couldn't even finish off half of it. The skinny chain smoking dude can eat something like that and not gain an ounce. I just look at something like that and gain five pounds. I tell ya life just ain't fair. :lol:

I'm sure this a faulty generalization but it seems that skinny people with unbeliveable metabolisms have the best sucsess with projects like that. The parents of one of our radio stations former owners had a restaurant in Manitou Springs,Colorado that served up a VERY LARGE hamburger. It wasn't as big as the one in this thread but it was considerable. The co-owner of the radio station was a skinny chain smoking dude. One day he went into said restaurant ordered one of those colossal burgers and polished it off-no problem. Sometime later I went into the same restaurant and ordered that same hamburger and couldn't even finish off half of it. The skinny chain smoking dude can eat something like that and not gain an ounce. I just look at something like that and gain five pounds. I tell ya life just ain't fair. :lol:

You could be on to something Chris. The winner of the Nathans Hot Dog eating contest every year, and he wins easily, is a skinny little Japanese guy.

True, but Kobayashi also has his special technique, and that helps his speed dramatically. Although he can put away a pretty ridiculous quantity, too.

I wonder if my metabolism is still what it used to be. When I was a kid my mom used to joke that I had a hollow leg--because I couldn't possibly have put all that food anywhere else!

Ah, but I'm still only 23. Seems like my weight hovers between 150 and 155 without exercising, ballooning to around 160 when my diet is shitty for long periods. I bet if I went to the gym every day I would drop to about 140-145--and would be so godawfully hungry all the time that I could put away half of that giant burger, no sweat.

But unfortunately there is a downside. Come the cold weather, we're left shaking like sh*t*ing dogs.

Tony: 147lbs for the last 15 years, whether I ride my bike or not.

That cycling thing works both ways. I'm overweight, but no amount of biking takes it down. End of season I'm about 3 kilos less than at start, and it all goes back on by end of November. Still at least I can rack up a few k in these snowy times without shivering like a whippet.

When I saw her time of 2:54 I thought minutes and seconds... :lol:

I reckon my mate Gary could have a decent crack at that burger. When I was a kid in Australia Coca-Cola used to put on contests down the local milk bar to see which kid in the district could drink the most large bottles of Coke. Hundreds of kids would enter the competion but our mate Gary used to win all the time - his record was seven large bottles of Coke. The nearest anyone ever got to him was five. The gas build up would really get to 'em after a while. Didn't seem to bother Gary though. Only problem was that Gary really liked Coca Cola and it used to really piss him off that they'd stop the competition and wouldn't let him drink anymore free Coke just because all the other kids had started vomiting or passed out or were just rolling round the floor clutching their guts in agony. I don't suppose Coca Cola would get away with it these days.

Gary also won the "smallest number of bites to eat a large burger contest." He did it in one bite. We had to sorta help him out by peeling his lips round the rim of the burger bun with our fingers to get it in his mouth in one piece but the judges said this was OK as he hadn't actually bitten into the burger at that stage.

BTW they didn't actually run the burger contest on the same day as the Coke contest but I really don't think it would have bothered Gary too much if they had done.

Edited by Phil Meloy

But unfortunately there is a downside. Come the cold weather, we're left shaking like sh*t*ing dogs.

Tony: 147lbs for the last 15 years, whether I ride my bike or not.

Same here. 6'3" and 175 lbs. I eat about six times each day. Been that way since I got out of college.

Everyone in the kitchen at work is always saying "you are sooo lucky." Lucky to need food every three hours? Or lucky to find pants with a long enough inseam and small waist? :huh::)

I reckon my mate Gary could have a decent crack at that burger. When I was a kid in Australia Coca-Cola used to put on contests down the local milk bar to see which kid in the district could drink the most large bottles of Coke. Hundreds of kids would enter the competion but our mate Gary used to win all the time - his record was seven large bottles of Coke. The nearest anyone ever got to him was five. The gas build up would really get to 'em after a while. Didn't seem to bother Gary though. Only problem was that Gary really liked Coca Cola and it used to really piss him off that they'd stop the competition and wouldn't let him drink anymore free Coke just because all the other kids had started vomiting or passed out or were just rolling round the floor clutching their guts in agony. I don't suppose Coca Cola would get away with it these days.

Gary also won the "smallest number of bites to eat a large burger contest." He did it in one bite. We had to sorta help him out by peeling his lips round the rim of the burger bun with our fingers to get it in his mouth in one piece but the judges said this was OK as he hadn't actually bitten into the burger at that stage.

BTW they didn't actually run the burger contest on the same day as the Coke contest but I really don't think it would have bothered Gary too much if they had done.

Obviously, Gary is the real WMD! :ph34r:

Obviously, Gary is the real WMD! :ph34r:

Absolutely - especially when you consider he was only 12 at the time. A few years later he graduated to beer and continued to amaze the world with outstanding feats of endurance.