KOB DualDisc

medjuck

This is the 6th edition of Kind of Blue I've owned. (Lp, cd, remastered cd, Mastersound Gold cd, Miles and Trane box set, SACD and now DualDisc.) I haven't really compared the sound on all versions but the 5.1 DVD sound is pretty good. The DVD documentary isn't very good but has a few interesting moments.

I also too the plunge on this one .. must be the 18th version I have had. I agree with Medjuck; the music sounds great, but the documentary is a little disappointing. Better to read Ashley Kahn's book on the making of the album. Still ... the price is right, and this album is such an icon how can any self-respecting collector ignore it? I will now hold out for the holographic version recreating the actual in-studio performance.

I will now hold out for the holographic version recreating the actual in-studio performance.

Hey ... just like in that Tom Cruise movie "Vanilla Sky"! Remember? There's a holographic version of Coltrane playing "My Favorite Things" for the birthday party scene — taken from, I think, that German television production. How could that be holograph-ed?