New Blue Note in Britain

1ngram

The Guardian yesterday had a review of a new issue of Tina Brooks "True Blue" and today I found it a a few other new BlueNotes in the local Fopp. Can anyone tell me if this is copyprotected? I'm sure I read here some months ago that they were abandoning copyprotection. The CD I have I have tried to copy, for the car (I swear it!) to no avail so if this one wasn't I would shell out for another copy pronto.

Is there a site that announces Blue Note reissues ahead of time?

German Amazon is a useful resource in these matters; they indicate whether a release is copy-protected ("Kopiergeschützt"), and also have scans of backcovers:

B00076NYC8.03.BACK.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The upper part shows the copy protection info. If you see a copy in a shop, you should be able to see the copy protection logo on the front, and info about it on the back.

So the short answer is that the European version of True Blue is "copy-protected" (a misleading term really), as are all European EMI releases since July 2003. But the good news is that the US EMI releases (including True Blue) still are in the real CD format. That's why many Europeans buy new EMI releases from the US instead. I can recommend CD Universe for getting US EMI releases. Excellent prices and service.

As for where to read about Blue Note reissues ahead of time, board member alankin's Jazzmatazz site is an excellent resource.

a good resource for getting information which European BLue Note is CopyControlled you can go to www.jpc.de and select the english page. For released CD's they do add the copy-protected underneath the picture...but remember:all not-yet released do not have any of those informations until they get available

Cheers, Tjobbe