Jazz Photography Books (Wolff, Claxton) help

The Claxton 'Jazz Seen' is still very visible here.

I'll be waiting for Claxton's next book (due in May or June), a very big and pretty expensive one:

http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?pi...30666&ad=BZTBKS

Where is here ??

: )

Brownie is in Paris; the link he provides is for an on-line store!

Brownie, are you referring to the one coming out by Taschen? I spoke to Claxton's people and they said it's nice!!! Can't wait!

Mark

Brownie, are you referring to the one coming out by Taschen? I spoke to Claxton's people and they said it's nice!!! Can't wait!

Mark

Mark, mais oui!

There is a Taschen store not very far from my place and I drop in from time to time to see if that new Claxton book has showed up. Heard good things about it but want to have a first look at it!

Anyone know how differnt the content is in the new SOFTCOVER version thats out ??

Origional Hardcover: 0847819124.01._PE37_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Are both required or is it just a softcover version of the first ?

New Softcover: 0789304937.01._PIdp-schmoo2,TopRight,7,-26_PE37_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Those are 2 different books.

You need both (IMHO).

Edited by jlhoots

Brownie, are you referring to the one coming out by Taschen?  I spoke to Claxton's people and they said it's nice!!!  Can't wait!

Mark

Mark, mais oui!

There is a Taschen store not very far from my place and I drop in from time to time to see if that new Claxton book has showed up. Heard good things about it but want to have a first look at it!

C'mon Big Fella,

I am certain that is not the only reason you hang around the Taschen store .... Our local Half-Price stores carry these books, usually at a nice discount, and they are hard to resist. This one caught my attention on the weekend! How come I missed this stuff in the 50s?? The graphics are just amazing ...

http://www.taschen.com/pages/en/catalogue/...facts/03815.htm