configuring new computer

After TurboTax wouldn't load, I decided to move beyond Windows95. :g

So, I might seem distracted for a day or two while setting it up. Please bear with me and (if the need arises) answer any questions I might have along the way.

To stop the first inquiry, I got another Gates system 'cause I can't afford a Mac.

I know it's like shopping at Wal-Mart. :alien:

You probably have not added your printer to the Windows config yet, so Fax is the only available printing option.

To add your connected printer: Start --> Settings --> Control panel --> Printers --> Add printer .

If you have an older printer, Windows will most likely have the appropriate driver in the list.

You probably have not added your printer to the Windows config yet, so Fax is the only available printing option.

To add your connected printer: Start --> Settings --> Control panel --> Printers --> Add printer .

If you have an older printer, Windows will most likely have the appropriate driver in the list.

Chuck,

If it's an older printer, this is the way to go. Newer printers are "plug and play" which means you usually can plug them in and Windows will recognize that a new device has been added and ask for the software install disc that came with the printer.

If you were using Windows 95, I'm assuming this is a printer that uses the LPT or parallel port (the big, usually purple one of the back). LPT printers are not plug and play.