MOSAIC SACDs? SACD reissues?

Would anyone care to comment on the chances of Mosaic either going to SACD for future issues, or perhaps more intrigueingly, reissuing some of their O/P sets in SACD? Don't know the licensing and legal issues involved therein, but that could be a very profitable move for Mosaic. After all,some of their earlier reissues, in early CD sound, could benefit from new sound technology.

Another big question: How would BN and Mosaic fans feel about such a development if it took place? On the one hand, it would give a lot of us access to material that is right now out of reach (i.e, EBAY Craziness); on the other hand, it would surely lessen the value of sets already issued-- unless something was done to distinguish between earlier and later reissues.

As no major company hasn't dared yet to put out complete box sets on (hybrid) SACD (even the SACD inventor Sony issues the new Miles sets on CD only), why would a small company, much more fragile financially, take that risk?

Reissuing some of the most sought for Mosaic sets would be great for the avaialbilty of the music. New remastering could also improve the sound of some sets (but increases production cost). But would the SACD format really be an incentive for people who already own sets to buy them again? I don't think so.

Edited by Claude

I haven't followed the SACD debates that much but what would exactly having Mosaic reissue music in that format mean. I don't have nor have any present intention to buy a SACD player so if they make it in that format and no others, will I be able to play it and assuming the answer is yes, what would it sound on a non-SACD player. Would it sound 24 bit or just how would it sound?

Most new SACD releases are hybrid, they can be played on a normal CD player too, without the benefit of the high resolution audio and multi-channel playback of course.

Speaking of multi-channel, how about the Charlie Parker Complete Benedetti Recordings remixed to surround? :g

Edited by Claude