What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha! Got to the final disc of Rescue Me, Season 2, popped it in, started watching it. . . and didn't know what the heck was going on. Checked the disc. . . it's the final disc of SEASON 3 somehow put into this set!

So I ordered another used Season 2, they're cheap.

Too bad only Season 3 is on Blu-ray.

I just watched the 2nd season ender for The Killing earlier today. I thought both seasons were great and I was happy with how they ended things for the 2nd season. So what are they going to do for the 3rd season? It looks like Richmond may not be as clean as he was made to appear earlier. Are we done with the Larsons? Holder and Linden are great together and I hope that that continues. I don't think we're done with Jackson and Ames yet.

I just watched the 2nd season ender for The Killing earlier today. I thought both seasons were great and I was happy with how they ended things for the 2nd season. So what are they going to do for the 3rd season? It looks like Richmond may not be as clean as he was made to appear earlier. Are we done with the Larsons? Holder and Linden are great together and I hope that that continues. I don't think we're done with Jackson and Ames yet.

I haven't heard that there will be a third season.

I was a bit disappointed with the wrap up, the two villains just didn't seem to have been properly fore-shadowed. But. . . it was a good run up to the final two.

I haven't heard that there will be a third season.

I was a bit disappointed with the wrap up, the two villains just didn't seem to have been properly fore-shadowed. But. . . it was a good run up to the final two.

I just assumed there would be a new season, I didn't know the decision was still up in the air. A third season definitely has my vote.

I wasn't part of the contingent that was upset over the killer not being revealed at the end of the 1st season but I didn't have to wait however many months for the 2nd season to start. Just before the 2nd season started I watched the entire 1st season over the course of several days so it was one continuous, unbroken story for me. Even so, I don't think I would have been bummed out if I had watched the series conventionally. Maybe initially but that only would have fueled the anticipation and excitement for the start of the 2nd season. I loved that I was kept in suspence and made to keep guessing over the course of two seasons. I thought they did an excellent job of that and I loved that I never guessed who the actual killer was until the moment they were revealed. I'm usually disappointed if I'm able to figure it out in advance. I love the chemistry between Linden and Holder and I would like to see more of them.

Edited by mikelz777

I sort of wish they'd just leave it be as it's a nice two season arc and the show hasn't had a chance to get stale or fall apart as many do. I'm not completely satisfied with the conclusion but I'm not upset about it. Like you I watched Season 1 over before Season 2 came along; the blu-ray of Season 1 looks and sounds beautiful.

just watched the pilot episode of Sorkin's new program Newsroom on HBO.

cn_image.size.newsroom-ss-01.jpg

i've really enjoyed (loved some...) a lot of Sorkin's stuff in the past so i was very much looking forward to this. and for me, it didn't disappoint... much. we'll see how it goes. it felt a bit uneven to me compared to Sorkin's best stuff. i'm in the minority, but my favorite Sorkin tv program so far is Studio 60 and there were many parallels between the two pilot episodes of that show and this one. imo, Newsroom's pilot doesn't touch Studio 60's. but that bar is too high to realistically think you can get to every time out.

not the best Sorkin so far and i have an unfortunate feeling that because of the premise, it'll be very difficult to move forward in a serialized fashion. we'll see. but imo not so great Sorkin is still better than nearly everything else on tv, so it's totally worth watching. Studio 60 meets Broadcast News. good times...

Longmire (from the Craig Johnson novels).

I like westerns.

Loved the first two episodes of "Longmire." Perfect casting for the lead, and it's nice to see Lou Diamond Phillips again in what looks like a recurring role. But, I haven't seen such a taciturn sherrif since "Gunsmoke." I kept thinking of Matt Dillon.

I haven't read the books, but this looks like it could be a good series.

Edited by patricia

249x352_4c7eab2ec1ee4_mymovies-front.jpg

A friend and I have been watching Bones (he had never seen the series), this season is so good.

I LOVE this series. I have four seasons and watch the series often. Apart from the leads, which are well-cast, the supporting characters are so good. Humor, crime, lots of really icky, decomposed bodies. What could be better??;)

Longmire (from the Craig Johnson novels).

I like westerns.

Loved the first two episodes of "Longmire." Perfect casting for the lead, and it's nice to see Lou Diamond Phillips again in what looks like a recurring role. But, I haven't seen such a taciturn sherrif since "Gunsmoke." I kept thinking of Matt Dillon.

I haven't read the books, but this looks like it could be a good series.

The books are good.

Hope that Virgil White Buffalo shows up in the TV series.

Darn, I don't have HBO and I'm not going to get it. If it keeps getting good props I'll check it out on disc when that' happens. I love Studio 60--great series that I wish had been able to go on.

i don't have HBO either. but, amazingly, i watched the pilot monday morning FOR FREE on HBO.com. all i had to do was sign up at the site. nothing besides an email address was asked for and BAM - i was in and watching the pilot. over many years i have been continually impressed w/ many aspects of HBO.

don't know if they will be doing it for the other episodes (very possibly not... :( ), but i was still impressed that they're putting it up there. check it out, and check it out soon. it's all too possible that they will take it off shortly.

Edited by thedwork

Rewatching this season, my favorite one so far.

10432903-1320675080-130649.jpg

I've gotten to the LSD animated episode which is a visual feast and so entertaining. Though the best seconds are just one exchange:

Walter: "Astro, Are we ready yet?"

Astrid: "Just about Wally!"

Decided to go ahead and watch Under African Skies -- the documentary that is about Paul Simon's Graceland album. It's really interesting, including the somewhat strained meeting that Paul has (25 years on) with one of the key figures of the cultural boycott. To their credit, they do give him a fair bit of speaking time and don't cut him off, but overall the documentary is so heavily skewed in Paul's favor... (He even gets Oprah Winfrey to come on and say that Graceland is her favorite record of all time, just edging out Stevie Wonder's Songs in the Key of Life.)

No question when the focus shifts to the music itself and the many African musicians on the record/tour (both 25 years ago and now), it is so much more entertaining. The only thing I find odd is that they actually have a fair bit of archival tape of the original recording sessions in South Africa. I'm puzzling this over a bit, given that Paul was kind of flying under the radar, though obviously his US label (and the S.A. studio they had some connections with) knew what he was up to. I think the most jarring thing is looking at Paul absolutely in his prime in 1985-87 and then the current footage. Makes me feel really old.

Anyway, I've been compulsively listening to the album all this week, and it's acting like a monster mega-earworm (but a beautiful one). I'll have to find something else to replace it, so that I stop humming the Graceland songs all day (but maybe I'll wait just another day...)

In about ten minutes I'll be watching "Endeavour", the start of a new series about the early years of Inspector Morse. Looking forward to it. Hope it's up to the standards of the original Morse series with John Thaw.

As yet it's a one off, there seems to be an unconfirmed plan to make another four episodes in 2013

I thought it was very well done, it exceeded my limited expectations.