What Are You Watching

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not great so far but now bad, better so far than Alcatraz. :)

Has Jake McLaughlin in it, who I think is a decent actor, I enjoyed his work in Crash Season 2. Also has the charismatic Delroy Lindo.

It has a "Touch" influence, not a bad thing in my book.

Edited by jazzbo

The Returned (Les Revenants)

TheReturned_Complete.jpg

Excellent series, well worth seeking out. (currently available on Netflix streaming in the US)

This is so good it makes me scared to try the US remake.

I'm going to skip the US remake.

The Returned is available on DVD if you don't stream.

I don't believe I'll watch the US remake of Broadchurch either - although it is going to star Anna Gunn.

Don't need to decide for the present.

Not great so far but now bad, better so far than Alcatraz. :)

Has Jake McLaughlin in it, who I think is a decent actor, I enjoyed his work in Crash Season 2. Also has the charismatic Delroy Lindo.

It has a "Touch" influence, not a bad thing in my book.

Cool. I will probably wait until I find out whether it gets renewed for a second season prior to starting it. I've kind of given up on the uncertainty of network TV.

I don't know why I still watch The Walking Dead. It's been so awful so often, but I fast forward through every next episode to see where things will end up going. I guess this storyline is straight from the comics, but it was a sad highpoint in a miserable season.

Hannibal is a favourite, though.

I watched the first few episodes and I just couldn't bear seeing one creative way to murder someone after another presented as some form of performance art. I actually liked aspects of the series a lot, but just couldn't bear watching the glorification of weird murder (how it struck me). At some point I may try it again.

Walking Dead. . . again I might like the struggle to survive and the attemtp to keep human interaction and community together, but zombies. . . I've always hated zombies no matter how they have been dressed and re-dressed. I'll probably never watch that series.

Finished watching this week's Once Upon a Time. That show is a hoot.

I like watching Mads Mikkelsen as a perfect psycho. There is something fascinating for me about this Hannnibal. Being on the autism spectrum myself has something to do with this fascination, but despite my detachment and lack of empathy I'm of course not a psychopath. It's engaging and chilling at the same time. It's more about the characters than the gore freak show for me.

Well, that's the main aspect of the show I very much liked, I just couldn't get beyond those other elements. Perhaps on disc I can fast forward through all that, may try that at some time, I do see a lot of value in the show, just can't get past that vivid aspect.