Old Dual TTs

slide_advantage_redoux

Anyone familiar with the Dual 1219? I know that this isn't exactly high end equipment, so bear with me!

This nevertheless appears to have been a quality TT. It has a nice heavy wooden base. It is playable at 33/45/78. It still has the original Dual stroboscope disc that fits on the platter, as well as the LP stacking spindle (not that I would do that :o )

From all indications, this TT was very well taken care of. One question: On the base, it has the words United Audio, yet it is a Dual TT. What's up with that?

It has the cartridge shell, but no stylus. The dustcover works and isn't even scratched. I think at worst I have found a "new" back up TT. (for $10)

Thanks

edited: Oh yeah, it is pitch adjustable too.

Edited by slide_advantage_redoux

Hi you'll find Dual web side on the net like this here with some reference to the 1219

http://dual-reference.com/tables/1219.htm

there are lot more but mostly german only (due to nature of that company). I had one in mid 70's (my first TT ever, although it was a 122x... I would believe 1229 but, hey my age fools me sometimes ) and exchanged it later with 731Q.

According to a list the orginal Pick-up was a Shure M91MGD with the DN330 Stylus.

Hope that helps....

Cheers, Tjobbe

P.S. you might find some website that provide some step-by-step repair and refreshing procedures for those player... but also, mostly german ones

Edited by tjobbe

I still have a 1219 that i use as a backup. Like Chuck i got mine in the late 60's or early 70's. I think the original cartridge i put on it was a Shure V15 Type 2 which was the top of the line in those days. It served me well for many a year and still does the job when called upon.