Linkin Park disses Warner

Pardon? I love Stevie Wonder.

Linkin Park is false punk with a pinch of pseudo rap.

Use3D hit the nail on the head about "Green Shit."

Give me The Minutemen or Black Flag or even The Vandals first.

Green Day's new singles are overplayed, but do mark a nice return to a good, pop-punk form which I enjoy when I want some undemanding music to listen to.

god don't get me started on Green Shit. They're about as punk as I am black. Sellout wankers.

Going corporate and raking in the cash is the new punk. ;)

Pardon? I love Stevie Wonder.

It was a joke, man, because I had just come from the endless Stevie Wonder thread. But hey, why don't you tell me how you REALLY feel? :)

I never claimed Green Day was even great punk. I said they had some good pop-punk tunes that I enjoy when I want non-demanding listening. And I DO listen to Black Flag (not a big Minute Man fan). For that matter although I've heard at least two Linkin Park songs I liked, I'm not elevating them into the canon.

You don't like Green Day or Linkin Park, then I feel for you-- cause you must have to hear them every day. Me, I'm just lucky I guess!

Some people live in a strange binary universe where you have to exclude one artist to like another. If you enjoy the Ramones or the Sex Pistols, then you have to piss on a band like Green Day-- it's twisted (and funny to watch them get their panties bunched up over it). Of course some people just like to rail against something that's popular in an attempt to elevate themselves and their exquisite taste (me, I like what I like, from Lee Morgan to Coldplay, from Monk and Mingus to Audioslave, and feel lucky that there are so many things that are able to provide so many different kinds of listening pleasure. I feel bad for those who've been closed off to it).

Until shown otherwise, I'll just attribute both those exclusionary tendencies to some strange limitation in psychic RAM that I'm happy hasn't struck me yet.

They're about as punk as I am black. Sellout wankers.

If that's what you are expecting them to be, then you're bound to be disappointed. If that's what you think THEY think they are, then you have no clue what you're talking about. Green Day is pop-punk, one of the earliest bands in the so-called punk revival, which actually has little to do with what punk music used to be, though it's clearly descended from such. Sellout implies that they could have done something different or better-- I doubt it.

I listen to them expecting pop-punk party music and am not generally disappointed, particularly with their first few albums and the last. There's often something redeeming about one of their tunes, which I personally can't say for their boy-band, teen diva, and pimpin-ho rap competition...

If that's what you think THEY think they are, then you have no clue what you're talking about.

Listen to Green Day before Dookie, before anyone gave two shits about them. Their music had substance. Now it's nothing but MTV fodder.

Pardon?  I love Stevie Wonder.

It was a joke, man, because I had just come from the endless Stevie Wonder thread. But hey, why don't you tell me how you REALLY feel? :)

I never claimed Green Day was even great punk. I said they had some good pop-punk tunes that I enjoy when I want non-demanding listening. And I DO listen to Black Flag (not a big Minute Man fan). For that matter although I've heard at least two Linkin Park songs I liked, I'm not elevating them into the canon.

You don't like Green Day or Linkin Park, then I feel for you-- cause you must have to hear them every day. Me, I'm just lucky I guess!

Some people live in a strange binary universe where you have to exclude one artist to like another. If you enjoy the Ramones or the Sex Pistols, then you have to piss on a band like Green Day-- it's twisted (and funny to watch them get their panties bunched up over it). Of course some people just like to rail against something that's popular in an attempt to elevate themselves and their exquisite taste (me, I like what I like, from Lee Morgan to Coldplay, from Monk and Mingus to Audioslave, and feel lucky that there are so many things that are able to provide so many different kinds of listening pleasure. I feel bad for those who've been closed off to it).

Until shown otherwise, I'll just attribute both those exclusionary tendencies to some strange limitation in psychic RAM that I'm happy hasn't struck me yet.

Chris, I'm about as eclectic a listener as you're likely to come across--jazz, funk, soul, r&b, hip hop, rap, classic rock, punk, dub, reggae...

Attribute my opinion to whatever you please, but those two bands just don't cut it for me. Green Day loses me at the faux British accent, and Linkin Park's raps are enough to make my stomach turn. Thankfully, I hear both of them next to never.

Green Day loses me at the faux British accent, and Linkin Park's raps are enough to make my stomach turn.  Thankfully, I hear both of them next to never.

That accent thing drives me crazy. <_<

Always bugged me too. Quite silly...