Please check out my eBay CD auctions...

Davis/Evans Columbia CD box on the block - not sealed but in fantastic condition. I won the Mosaic LP set today, so this one has to go!

Davis/Evans Complete Columbia Studio Sessions

Once there, just click on the "View seller's other items" link to get to the 2 Hodges Verve CDs - CASTLE ROCK (Japanese 24 bit jewel case edition) and USED TO BE DUKE (US Verve). The latter is darn hard to find these days - on Amazon's used listings it was $19.95 at lowest listing. My initial bid is much lower!

Way to go on the LP set. It's fantastic!

Just this past week I picked up from Mosaic the remaing two Davis LP sets I didn't have - Blackhawk and the 63-64 sets. Man I wish Mosaic would do at least one pressing of vinyl of all their sets.

I heartily agree Ed. I think Mosaic ought to strongly reconsider doing away with the Q LP versions of their sets. There is a vinyl resurgence underway and I think they're missing the boat - even smaller than prior runs would be welcome.

Anyway I will say that the CD version of this set sounds quite good - I relistened yesterday while listing it and found that it has less of that harshness in the high end than many of the recent Columbia/Legacy CD reissues.

Man I wish Mosaic would do at least one pressing of vinyl of all their sets.

Yep!!

I heartily agree Ed. I think Mosaic ought to strongly reconsider doing away with the Q LP versions of their sets.

Love them Q LP's!!

My god, you stole that Evans/Davis set!!

Edited by wolff

Yes, for some strange reason hardly anyone seemed to have found the listing for that Davis/Evans Mosaic LP set that I won...as I recall the only way I could get it to come up in eBay's search engine was to put in "Evans Mosaic" which is probably why - some odd quirk of how it was listed I guess, but a lucky circumstance for me!

I just got a Master Jazz Piano LP box this week for $79 which is also kind of a good deal I think!

Congrats on winning the Davis/Evans CD boxed set Brad! Glad it went to someone on the board, and at a good price to boot!

Edited by DrJ