Tattoos

A guy that once worked on my car had the logo for the band Korn tattooed on his neck, and had K-O-R-N tattooed on the knuckles of both hands. A career-limiting choice of expression (unless he actually went to work for Korn).

That has to be the lamest tattoos I've ever heard of. KORN?!? Reminds me of that Simpsons episode where Homer was talking about how tattoos remind you of the great times in your life. He then lifts up his sleeve and had a tattoo on his upper arm, which he reads:

"StarLand Vocal Band!??! They SUCK!"

:g

Me and my brother were talking to each other

'Bout what makes a man a man

Was it brain or brawn, or the month you were born

We just couldn't understand

Our old man didn't like our appearance

He said that only women wear long hair

So me and my brother borrowed money from Mother

We knew what we had to do

We went downstairs, past the barber and gymnasium

And got our arms tattooed

Welcome to my life, tattoo

I'm a man now, thanks to you

I expect I'll regret you

But the skin graft man won't get you

You'l be there when I die

Tattoo

My dad beat me 'cause mine said "Mother"

But my mother naturally liked it and beat my brother

'Cause his tattoo was of a lady in the nude

And my mother thought that was extremely rude

Welcome to my life, tattoo

We've a long time together, me and you

I expect I'll regret you

But the skin graft man won't get you

You'll be there when I die

Tattoo

Now I'm older, I'm tattooed all over

My wife is tattooed too

A rooty-toot-toot, rooty-tooty-toot-toot

Rooty-toot-toot tattoo too

To you

Of course, the issue with tattoos is their permanence. Yes, you can have the actual ink lasored off, but the image, whatever it is, remains.

I have no tattoos but have considered a discreet one, out of sight, but still haven't done it.

Most of the people I know who have tattoos are quite young and they lean toward Asian symbols in black at the nape of their necks and at the small of their backs.

I do, however, work with a young woman, newly enamoured with tattooing, who has several, the most odious one a detailed, full-colour image of a fairy, surrounded by flowers, which covers the entire back of one of her thighs.

She also has an Asian symbol on the nape of her neck and something similar on her ankle.

This same girl has a pierced librette [stud under her lower lip], a pierced tongue, a pierced eybrow and several piercings on each ear.

I talked both my daughters out of having any tattoos, for obvious, I think reasons. There was no restriction on piercings, because mostly they grow in if you take out the hardware. I say mostly, because I've noticed a disturbing trend of having progressively larger grommett-like devices inserting into lobe piercings. After a certain point the hole becomes so large that merely taking out the grommett, isn't enough. Corrective surgery is required. That involves excising the bottom of the earlobe. YIKES!!

Edited by patricia

Look at the earlobes. I predict surgery in his future to cut off the bottoms of his lobes, which, without the grommetts in them, will hang down like batwings under a dowager's arms.

Of course, the rest I don't know what he's going to do. YIKES!!!

Look at the earlobes.  I predict surgery in his future to cut off the bottoms of his lobes, which, without the grommetts in them, will hang down like batwings under a dowager's arms.

Of course, the rest I don't know what he's going to do.    YIKES!!!

Apparently, one can live to an old age with such things: