One hell of fish

Yeah, is that wild or what?  That 'ol bird must have had one heck of an appetite. 

I wouldn't be at all surprised if, over the decades, the occasional svelt & trim 92 lb villager who went down to the river for a cool dip after dark wound up......  :o

Doubtful...they're vegetarians in the wild. Plus, they have no teeth.

Speaking of big, toothless fish, did you ever end up feeding the tarpon?

Doubtful...they're vegetarians in the wild.  Plus, they have no teeth.

Speaking of big, toothless fish, did you ever end up feeding the tarpon?

Yeah, I was kinda kidding......but actually, as nature's great scavengers, they do eat flesh. I take my daily walk along a canal/bike path that runs up from Reagan National Airport and has a good number of healthy size catfish, carp, etc.. in it. On numerous ocasions I've seen small groups of 3 or 4 catfish really churning up the water as they go after the corpse of a dead carp that's bobbing up against the side of the canal. But yeah.....as you've said, it's not as though they're going to try to make a meal out of a live carp, monkey or Benny Hill. (Note: Walking Catfish I'm not so sure about. They're super aggressive and will clean out a good sized pond in no time flat)

Tarpon trip comes up in a few weeks. :)