Ted Nash: La Espada de la Noche

Sundog

The sound bytes up on the Palmetto site are interesting.  Especially the tango version of A Night In Tunisia.  I don't know a thing about Ted Nash.

This wouldn't be a bad place to start.

It's excellent (IMO).

He's been a major player in the Herbie Nichols Project & on other things as well.

It's a really good cd. Great mixture of Jazz, Tango and Latin and good tunes. The first time I heard this version of Night in Tunisia was on the car radio and I laughed out loud in delight. I went home later that day and ordered the cd.

Edited by Harold_Z

We played this quite a bit. A similar album is Sidewalk Glance, which has Wycliffe Gordon and Miri Ben-Ari.

Occasionally this cd sounds as if it could have used more of what gordon brought, but all in all very worthwhile.

--eric

This is the album mentioned above, Sidewalk Meeting (Arabesque), and it's quite good. I'm curious about the new one, though I will miss Gordon's contributions.

I enjoy Nash with the Herbie Nichols Project and on the recent Ben Allison records.

He also plays with the Lincoln Center Orchestra and has recorded with Wynton Marsalis!

http://www.tednash.com/

Edited by Kalo